Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just moved to Boise from Omaha, Nebraska. I haven't really gotten out to make any friends yet, but I desperately need to start getting out of the house. I am living with my grandparents and am starting to feel like I'm turning into an old person. Anyway, if you have any suggestions of stuff that I could do to meet some people, I'd appreciate it. I know that SRT-4 owners rock, so I thought this would be a good place to start. I have seen several srt-4s since I've been here. I saw three today. Red one at a gas station, silver with a girl driver on eagle road, and a yellow with eyelids on broadway. Saw a black one on Warm Springs drive at a gas station on friday. I live on the mesa, and I NEED to get out and into the city!!! (I'd also like to know if there is a track around here, I really know nothing about the area yet) Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, welcome to Boise. I hope that you have a good time here. There are several SRT-4 owners around and I don't know what they have all been doing since I have not seen many post from them as of lately. Yes, there is a track around here it is Firebird Raceway and it is owned by the New family. I am sure that all of us SRT-4 owners will help you if we can.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome, there isn't a ton of stuff to do because boise isn't a huge city. I take it you moved there to go to bsu? I have a couple friends there and they seem to like it. Anyways have fun, I would recommend some bars and clubs but your not 21.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Boise is HUGE compared to Mtn Home.. I would give my left nut to live closer to Boise.
My roommates and I like to go to the go kart racing, so if you're down for a challenge.. let me know. As far as drag racing, theres not much left.. I think the 18th there is some trophy racing along with jet dragsters.. and the 26th is the final import challenge (bracket)... and a whole bunch of finals in october.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
unfortunately, I do not own an srt-4.... I do drive a neon, but I'm a huge fan of the srt-4. I owe it all to Scott (he's the love of my life, but is in Omaha still)... he has a blue one :) But, I was with him when he traded in his spec-v. In fact, I got to drive it to the dealership by myself when we dropped off the spec!!.. If I had the money, I'd be all there, but like someone guessed...I'm at BSU right now and out of state tuition is killer. I work at citicards, which is a great place with great benefits.. so I'm hoping to save up some dinero. I think that some day I will be racing Scott with my own srt4. :) In the meantime, yeah.. if you guys have any get-togethers or anything like that, maybe you would be so kind as to introduce me or something. You guys rock!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hitman_Srt4 said:
Boise is HUGE compared to Mtn Home.. I would give my left nut to live closer to Boise.
My roommates and I like to go to the go kart racing, so if you're down for a challenge.. let me know. As far as drag racing, theres not much left.. I think the 18th there is some trophy racing along with jet dragsters.. and the 26th is the final import challenge (bracket)... and a whole bunch of finals in october.

Is go kart racing challenging, or are you guys just really good at it? I've never been in a go-kart..............
I'd like to go to the track sometime just to watch though.... go-kart.. or drag racing. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
shanell, are you living on campus? If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost? Whats your major? I'm sorta curious, it is a toss up between there and univ. of British Columbia.

You could always check out the Funny Bone(comedy club). I check with my boys and see what they do for fun up there.

Also, since you are saving for a srt mine is coming up for sale in feb/mar. It's a 03 silver with 12000miles, stage 1, lowering springs and chamber kits. Its in storage in the twinfalls area and just a short hop from boise.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tates1882 said:
shanell, are you living on campus? If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost? Whats your major? I'm sorta curious, it is a toss up between there and univ. of British Columbia.

You could always check out the Funny Bone(comedy club). I check with my boys and see what they do for fun up there.

Also, since you are saving for a srt mine is coming up for sale in feb/mar. It's a 03 silver with 12000miles, stage 1, lowering springs and chamber kits. Its in storage in the twinfalls area and just a short hop from boise.
I am living with my grand parents right now. Out of state tuition is ridiculous, so I'm only taking a few classes until I can claim residency. But I think the tuition is somewhere around 3,000-5,000 per year....not positive though.. you can check for sure at www.boisestate.edu. I am choosing to major in Spanish. I have one year under my belt from UNO in Omaha, but I was a music major then. I don't recommend that. I like the fact that bsu accepts act scores for placement in English.. if you get a 31 or higher on the english, you don't have to take either class, but you can still have the credit for it. I think the campus here is gorgeous, and my one class has a really great professor, but I'm not that knowledgable considering I just got here. The city is a beautiful place to live, and my job at citicards will pay for 80% of my tuition even though I'm just part-time. It's a fabulous job if you're going to need one, I suggest citicards...plus if you put my name down on your app. and stay for 6 mo. I get 500 bucks, and I'd give ya half! Anyway.. didn't mean to make it a book.
As for the car, I doubt I'll have enough saved up by then... but it's a thought. thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Tuition for residents is about $2300. I went last year to get some credits for myself and that's how much it was. You can take as many credits as you can possibly take for that price but some classes have the extra fees, like math is $75 or so. I drive the yellow SRT with eyelids, dumped with wheels (at least I hope I'm the only person with the yellow one with eyelids). There are a few more people that are getting these cars, mostly high school kids but most of them are pretty cool.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Isn't It about time for another meet anyways?? I know my car has been thru a lot in the past few months. My hood got fragged on the way to work yesterday.. the leading edge got bent along with some dent in front of the scoop.. my hood scoop bezel and ram emblem are KIA too. So how bouts it?? anyone up for a small gathering??

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that's a great idea. (as long as I'm invited, or course!) I would love to meet all of you, and I'm dying to get out of the house! :squint:

·
Registered
9 Posts
To bad to hear about your car being damaged. I am up for getting together again to see what's new with everyone since we met up in Febuary.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hay whats up,, Sorry I did not get here sooner. Been helping Andy at Iceman
in trying to get some go fast goodies to market.
And welcome to the fourms.
Monte at Hyper X Motorsports

Got to go busy,busy,busy. The Red One At Chevron

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yea, I was pretty bummed about my hood..I fouund the bezel yesterday and the pice of compressed particle board that attacked my car, I'll keep them as momentos.

If we're gonna get a meet goin, I think the weekend of 9-10-11 october.. somewhere in there. I know its a little-ways out... thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
393 Posts
How about the 10th? It's a Sunday and I don't have to work. I'll tell all the SRT kids that I know and see if they want to come out too. The meet should be held at the parking lot across from Edwards, where it was last time, where we had the burn-out contest and got the cops called on us. It's right between Goodwood and Black Angus steak house. How about that guys?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts