Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, no more P1188 ON stock ECU. S1 guys ignore this post, its not an issue for us.

I have been trying this out and it seems to be working on my buddies car. The edtip mod:

If you disconnect that red line from the charge pipe (rubber hose on the cold side) you will not get the P1188 code when you boost your car.

So far it has been working great for 3 days on my buddies car so I think this mod will work.

Make sure you cap off the nipple on the charge pipe where you disconnected the Red vacuum line from. Also cap off the red vacuum line.

I have not noticed any adverse affects from this mod and NO i have not dynoed this to see if timing or anything else is retarded etc, but I doubt it will. The car should perform as normal only that you will not get the p1188 code.

Also it will stop your RPM from wandering some. For example, when you take your foot off the gas, the RPM drop, it does not hang up there.

·
Banned
1,846 Posts
:alfdance:

You think we can just disconnect the red vacuum line as a whole and just cap it off at the solenoid box thingy.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
p1188 which is that ?? over boost at partial throtltle?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I didn't think you could get the P1188 code if you had Stage1, I know I haven't gotten it or any other codes for that matter.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I had a PT Turbo guy tell me about this mod about a month or two ago.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Nope. I got told the info from a guy that goes by PT Dave. He has a few things done to his PT Turbo and he and I have been talking back and forth giving each other hints and tricks that the other group is using.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
91CavGT said:
Nope. I got told the info from a guy that goes by PT Dave. He has a few things done to his PT Turbo and he and I have been talking back and forth giving each other hints and tricks that the other group is using.
Yeah i know PT Dave from the links. He got the info from Jim.

Manny Z, you drive your car like a girl then. :)

I use to get p1188 all the time until I learned how to drive my car like a girl, I would not go part throttle and let the boost shoot up to high. After driving like that, I never saw it again. Then S1 went in and it was no longer an issue.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Yeah i know PT Dave from the links. He got the info from Jim.

Manny Z, you drive your car like a girl then. :)

I use to get p1188 all the time until I learned how to drive my car like a girl, I would not go part throttle and let the boost shoot up to high. After driving like that, I never saw it again. Then S1 went in and it was no longer an issue.
I DON'T THINK SO!!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
:rolleyes: I don't know what to say also. A lot of guys here in Cali have complained about pining, and engine detonation, and knock. I have not had that either.
I don't drive like girl. And I sure ass hell don't beat the shit out of my car. I just have not gotten that, or any code.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can account for that, fast actually s hould be called slowattack.

Manny maybe your car is different, its not unusual. Look at SRT girl putting donw good numbers with no clamp. Cali got 20hp by just clamping his map and nothing else.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
:cool: well I think the next power mod that I am going to do is, stage 2. I know by reading that clamping the map, and some of the other things are netting you guys gains. But I am going to do it a little different.
I figure when I install this mod, and what I have already done to the car, I should have enough power to keep up, and smoke some of my shelby club buddies on the road courses.:D And with the suspension mods to of course.;)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
OMG Thank you so much, I reset the computer 3 times today (when I got to work, when I got home for lunch and again before dinner) and that is me (the girl) driving, lol.

Hec, you couldn't share this wealth of knowledge anytime over the last 2 months. I get laughed at at work when I accidentally leave the 10mm in my rear pocket.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Why would you keep resetting the comp? I found it to make no difference on my car when I dyno'd whether I reset it or not. Just sharing my experience though. Funny thing is all my dyno's are w/ cel's . Even todays!!!(p0420)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.