Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last time I had 251 whp and since then I've added a WGA and MBC. The result? A whopping 5 hp increase. That's right, 256 whp. Unless I have a MAJOR boost leak I'm taking it off when I get the car back next week. Ridiculous. I'm not going to void my warranty over this.

·
Registered
861 Posts
YEA, i feel your pain. when i had stage 1, cai, exhaust, and wga, and i dynoed at 261whp 290wtq, then i put stage 2, iceman tb, atp pressure pipe, and custom dp on and i went to 266whp with all that, then i bought a s-afcII and leaned it out a little and went to 273whp and thats where im at, and ive put tons of money in my car.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. The only go-fast mods I had last time were S1, Mopar exhaust and the K&N CAI.

Something's definately not right.

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
stg2 shows better gains on the rd and track then a dyno. some others have noted that while it dont show much on the dyno there is a big differnce at the track and on the street.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We fine tuned the MBC on the dyno for the best result and it was at 17.5/18 psi peak in fourth.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Manni-T said:
:jester: :gotrice:
:haha:

Sorry to hear about that Will. I know you put a lot of work into that setup.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Can that dyno in k-town even DO A/F ratios?!?! I keep hearing it's crap. Still waiting on my source in Butzbach to hook me up with a dyno guy here in Hessen....the slow bastard. He says he knows of one that can do both metric (PS) and English (hp) but I think he's talking smack until he proves it with an address.
Will, I wouldn't trust that dyno too much...but I guess it's all you got to go by for now. Once you get back stateside (IF you get back stateside...) hop it up on a dyno there and let us know the results.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey where is this dyno place in K-town? I got to see what i am pushing after i am done with the installs.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
How does the curve look in comparison to before? Does your car feel faster? Did you run it at the track before and after? Those mods could've not really giving you the peak numbers you were looking for, but instead made everything under the curve increase too.

Maybe there is a leak, do a leak test, maybe you can turn the boost up some more? I dunno ..

·
Registered
323 Posts
could someone hook me up with the phone number to that shop with the dyno?

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Krazy, let me know the day you want to do the dyno and I'll go over there with you to run mine. Just curious, really. I don't know where it is either, but SRT_USAF and Joe know where it is. Post the info again guys...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yeah I was there with Will. Interesting results. When we ran eachother on the Bahn, we were pretty much dead even. Funny thing is I have more hp than he does. Not too much, maybe 15-20 whp more. I guess my 220lbs ass and Chris's 150lbs ass and my subwoofer in the car racing against Will's 180lbs ass made a difference. Hell I don't know. I'm sure the difference in hp is that I have the full 3" turbo back /no cat. The dyno place is at the Rittersbacher VW dealership in K-town. He can do Kilowats and BHP. No way to read the A/F though. :flame: I'm ordering a guage and reader this weekend!!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Khryz said:
How does the curve look in comparison to before? Does your car feel faster? Did you run it at the track before and after? Those mods could've not really giving you the peak numbers you were looking for, but instead made everything under the curve increase too.

Maybe there is a leak, do a leak test, maybe you can turn the boost up some more? I dunno ..
There you have it.

The curve is MUCH more linear than before. There are no dips and it stays on strong throughout the band unlike before. It comes on earlier, stays progressive and lasts longer.

The car definately feels faster which is why I was so confused.

I think that you hit it with the mods not giving me huge peak increases but more area underneath the curve. Funny that all this time I've been saying I'd rather go this route than S2 and my results appear to be very nearly the same. I'll try to get a scanner to post the two.

I'll check for leaks but after comparing the two charts I think I understand.

This place has no A/F measurement ability so I'll wait till I'm in the States before I do it again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It could be that it doesn't add that much more power, but that it just gives it to you in the places where you didn't have it b/f. Does that make sense?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts