Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I spent some hours on the dyno today. Many thanks to Vector for helping me all day with this over the phone(i'm sure he didnt mind). Took a while to get the beast under control...next week gonna put it up there again with bigger gapped stock plugs (F* iridiums) and see how she does like that.
Feel free to comment...i think my mods are in my sig

so i come in like this

end up like this

to compare how i came in and how i left

here are my two best

heres 2 worst and 2 best together

I daily drive this so a nice flat 12:0 on about 22psi is good for me....

look at graph 3...best vs worst....look at all the power picked up UNDER the curve...not just peak :)

Overall happy, water meth next

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Very nice i think the DTEC makes a really smooth curve very nice numbers man

·
Registered
354 Posts
how would you say your partial throttle boost is like now? i can't stand the partial throttle boost right now but i am stock. Also how complicated is the dtec in your oponion or is it easy? I'm trying to find a piggyback to mess around with as my first tune either between the dtec,emanage, or safc 2. Thanks for any replys
Tommy

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
prkersrt4tom said:
how would you say your partial throttle boost is like now? i can't stand the partial throttle boost right now but i am stock. Also how complicated is the dtec in your oponion or is it easy? I'm trying to find a piggyback to mess around with as my first tune either between the dtec,emanage, or safc 2. Thanks for any replys
Tommy

Dtec i have used them all

if you dont like stock PTB you should prolly stay stock

or get a big turbo

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
hum....me thinks....almost S3 whp on pump gas.....

couple questions...still on stock inj? just the return line to make them flow like bigger ones...

stock PCM?

so your basic power mods are tbe, intake, fmic, dtec & tune? wow.....you wanna come to cali to tune my car?:thumbsup:

im stock right now, and desiding on S3, which would probably make 300-310whp on pump with my direct fit and tbe....

but his route would be cheaper

forgot to ask....id be curious to see the dyno numbers with an 11:1 afr..richer means lower EGTs...which I like.

Just wondering what the differences are in power from 11:1 & 12:1

·
Registered
170 Posts
what kind of boost numbers are you pushin with the wastegate?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
mind posting your settings for the dtec? My mods are very similar to yours, and I am just waiting for a buddy to install my dtec. Thinking it would be a nice starting point :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
csufdrew said:

couple questions...still on stock inj? just the return line to make them flow like bigger ones...

stock PCM?

so your basic power mods are tbe, intake, fmic, dtec & tune? wow.....you wanna come to cali to tune my car?:thumbsup:

im stock right now, and desiding on S3, which would probably make 300-310whp on pump with my direct fit and tbe....

forgot to ask....id be curious to see the dyno numbers with an 11:1 afr..richer means lower EGTs...which I like.

richer isnt always lower EGT's

no one has had any EGT problems with there stock turbo srt-4s

if your super worried about EGT get water meth injection

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
csufdrew said:

stock PCM?

basic power mods are stage 0, Intake, 3" exhaust (stock o2), Return line at 51psi line on, agp wga, dtec, ebc...thats really it, i dont even count the intake really, vector was a big part in tuning this, he had some great ideas which got my car under control

remember when tunign on the map, richer also means more voltage, less timing, and at that boost it would = higher egt's

trippleh said:
what kind of boost numbers are you pushin with the wastegate?
agp wga and greddy ebc....spikes 22-23, falls to 15-16psi

Main_Event said:
isnt tq suppsoe to go up not down....
not on a stock turbo that wont hold shit for boost till redline...torque comes from the boost+ timing...boost falls hard

fatman said:
SWEET #s fantastic A/F. Perfect,. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thanks!!! like a flatline :)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
sounds like "we" need a different tuning module then....if going from 12:1 to 11:1 equals higher EGTs....or maybe just lower the boost then...

I dont know...these lil srt4 are confusing me with regards to tuning them....in the wrx & evo world, from which i came, going from 12:1 to 11:1 would result in lower EGTs...

maybe this is because with the tuning tools that we have can control timing whereever and whenever and the srt4 timing is "set in stone"???

im not concerned with 12:1...as this seems to be an srt4 standard, and the dyno graph doesnt show any signs of knock....i was mearly wondering the difference in power at the 2 afr levels.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
can't stop spinning said:
mind posting your settings for the dtec? My mods are very similar to yours, and I am just waiting for a buddy to install my dtec. Thinking it would be a nice starting point :thumbsup:

just make sure you have a wideband. i wouldn't just arbitrarily set the fuel map without knowing afr's. it may be good for those who are gonna dyno though, as a starting point.

good numbers man, that combined with the W/I on a even leaner map will be killer!

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
csufdrew said:
sounds like "we" need a different tuning module then....if going from 12:1 to 11:1 equals higher EGTs....or maybe just lower the boost then...

I dont know...these lil srt4 are confusing me with regards to tuning them....in the wrx & evo world, from which i came, going from 12:1 to 11:1 would result in lower EGTs...

maybe this is because with the tuning tools that we have can control timing whereever and whenever and the srt4 timing is "set in stone"???

im not concerned with 12:1...as this seems to be an srt4 standard, and the dyno graph doesnt show any signs of knock....i was mearly wondering the difference in power at the 2 afr levels.

15-20 hp(@ the wheels) at that point you dont need a tuning device really stage 1 can run 11.1 a/f

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Exellent work dude..........Remeber peak numbers dont mean nothing...........Its always the area under the curve that counts........
Good Job........the a/f is nice and flat....

*****NOTE******My car did not like iridiums either,despite what everyone says.......

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
should put a stick on the back window....

Traction = optional:lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
sweet numbers and the graph looks pretty strong...im pushing 261hp 297tq through my mods right now on 15lbs of boost after the dtec fc/bc goes in im looking for closer to 300whp...def looking forward to getting the dtec. nice to hear someone actually did it right for a change.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts