Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts

Our friends over at DetroitWonk have gotten their hands on advance copies of the upcoming Dodge Caliber commercials. Here's what they have to say:

Yes, we saw four of the new commercials for the all-new 2007 Dodge Caliber. Who wants to touch us? We said, who wants to touch us? Nobody? Ok, fine, we’ll show you them then.

The ads play up stylistic elements the Chrysler Group team hopes will differentiate the 2007 Dodge Caliber from other “CUV class” vehicles like the Pontiac Vibe and Ford Edge. The campaigns’ tagline is “Anything But Cute,” which leaves open a mess of adjectives that may or may not be associative with the Caliber (farcical, wine dark, lugubrious). I dunno, y’all tell us what you think after you take a look at the following Dodge-y goodness…
Click here to head on over and check out the commericials!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Yeah good luck with differentiating it from the Vibe. That will be no easy task, considering they have the same exact lines.

Anything but cute? That will be easier to convince people.

I got a tag line for ya.

"Dodge Caliber. Butt Fugly. But so are the new Subarus, and people buy those right?"

·
Registered
748 Posts
The car seems okay IMO, I've actually switched views on the normal base caliber in a sense, after seeing one in person. However, I've only now stronger grown the idea of not liking this car in an SRT4 version. It's like a pt. cruiser in size and shape but w/ a diff. front end. It seems like a vehicle w/ suv options w/ fold down seats cooler in the glove box, like it's meant to take camping or something HAHA

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just saw the one with the fairy on TV. The first thing I thought of was that they were trying to get off on a different foot than they did with the Neon. Does the word "Hi" bring back any memories? The Neon never could shake the "cute" girl car image brought on by that campaign, even after a re-style in 2000.

·
Registered
93 Posts
contraption22 said:
I got a tag line for ya.

"Dodge Caliber. Butt Fugly. But so are the new Subarus, and people buy those right?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAH that's the funniest ish i've ever heard! :jester: :rofl:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Dodge Caliber: With looks like this no one will mistake you for being cute.

Dodge Caliber: The body lines only a mother could love.

Dodge Caliber: If looks could kill you would be dead by now.

Dodge Caliber: Even if your ugly, this car will make you look attractive.

Dodge Caliber: When the going gets tough, the tough gets ugly.

Dodge Caliber SRT-4: The reason its so fast is that people will only see a blur, instead of how ugly it really is.

Dodge Caliber SRT-4: We can still wheel hop with the best them. (No AWD)

I could keep writing about this car all night.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts

Japopnick - DATELINE, NOW: The “Geely Copywriter” has apparently struck again, this time on the Web. In the latest attack, a Dodge Web site promoting the 2007 Caliber was defaced by misspellings. Sources say “GC,” as he’s known is the obvious suspect in the incident, during which letter transpositions occurred in two words in plain view of visitors of the site. More news as it happens. [Thanks to Jon for the tip]

·
Registered
194 Posts
contraption22 said:
Yeah good luck with differentiating it from the Vibe. That will be no easy task, considering they have the same exact lines.

QUOTE]

i am actually likeing the front end to the vibe more... what the hell

·
SRTforums Photoshop Expert
7,282 Posts
they are REALLY sticking to the black cars on this.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
"its anything but cute"...what kind of stupid line is that? are they so upset about teh "hi" vision from teh neon that they have to have the complete opposite. just the body alone says "im ugly as hell, heck, even my mom doesnt think im good lookin!"

·
Forum Moderator
3,790 Posts
I dont think they will be changing any opinions, have you sat in one of these? Black hides the body lines of an ugly car......

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know. it is starting to grow on me, especially the srt 4 version. Maybe if it does have awd on the srt 4 I will like it more. I think it is still ugly though, but looking at the black version...hmmm....its not super huge though....with decent rims and decent bodywork, it could look o...k...

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
psykodragon1 said:
I don't know. it is starting to grow on me, especially the srt 4 version. Maybe if it does have awd on the srt 4 I will like it more. I think it is still ugly though, but looking at the black version...hmmm....its not super huge though....with decent rims and decent bodywork, it could look o...k...
I might settle for a cheeseburger if they didn't have a big mac. I will not "settle" for a 22-24k car.
Don't care if it ran 6 flat if i can't stand the thought of driving it won't be in my driveway. I've found one person i know who thinks its "ok"? most are like wtf is that or just outright laugh. That's pretty sad.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just find it funny how now everyone wants AWD. Used to bust on EVOs and STIs because they lost so much power to AWD.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
just saw a commercial for it yesterday. the one with the fairy (sp?). funny commercial... almost cute. :lol: it def. looks good in the commercials. But i like how the exhaust sound they give it sounds like it should be coming from a hemi charger or something. It should sound like our cars, no?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts