Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone! I got my srt-4 last week and from the minute i drive it, there was a loud ratteling sound from 1000-2000 rpms. Sorda sounds like a loud diesel truck. Anybody familiar? thanks

Kam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The sound seems to be coming from under the car. I believe it might be the trans cuz if i let off the gas, the sound goes away, then i hit the gas again and the sound comes back.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Are you short shifting into a higher gear (meaning you shift into the next higher gear as soon as you can)? For example, if you shift into third gear too soon and the revs drop really low, i.e. 1k rpms, you'll get that sound. If you do that, you're putting the engine under a very heavy load trying to accelerate the car in too high of a gear. Just let it rev a little higher before you up-shift.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
My car makes this static shock like snap sound, maybe from the speakers, quite often and it's annoying. at first I thought it was a rock hitting my windshield, then when it continued to happen I figured otherwise...anyone else have this?

To the first guy, talk to the dealer, tell them the issue and they should fix it, hope they help you out, not a good way to start things out!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blackbird R/T......thats exactly how i drive. When i short shift, i dont boost at all, i just let the rpm's slowly rise till about 2000-2500 then upshift again. Do you guys also get that loud vibrating/ratteling sound as well when u short shift during while cruising? thanks again!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I usually shift around 2500-3000 if I'm being conservative. I didn't even think about that, sounds like you're shifting too early. watch how low the rpms drop after the shift, if its below 2k, might wanna work on your shifting habits and keep it in a safer rpm range for your shifts.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
take it to the dealer you sould have warrnty. ;)

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I shift between 2500-3000 too, I know the sound you're talking about though, and it is from shifting too low. If you're down around 1000RPM's, that's not good for the engine. Shift later, or don't let it drop so much between shifts, so shift faster. Either way, I wouldn't let the clutch out all the way if I was at 1000RPMs...

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Sounds like you've got it. Just try to wait a few more revs before shifting, and if you find yourself cruising on flat ground at lower revs and need to accelerate, just downshift a gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts