Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so yesterday I was on my way home from work and out of no where while cruising at about 30 going down the street my car pretty much fell on its face for a few seconds, then it was all good. My car is bone stock and basically what happened was I just got off work so my car had been sitting and baking in the cool 98 degree weather for 8 hours, I hopped in, cranked the outside vent ac with the windows down, full power and cold setting, started going and about a minute and a half later it felt like the engine either majorly sputtered or something, i have no clue. it kinda just dropped down in the front end like my wheel locked and it was dragging, but it was definitely the engine. I dont know if it was too hot out and the car was working too hard too quick to cool off or what, but i also notice about 3 out of ever 5 times i start my car after a hot day at work, after about 10 seconds from turning it on, i go from 20psi vacuum to close to 0 and it sounds like the engine revvs but the tach never moves. its so common i watch the gauge cluster and note the boost gauge is the only thing to move. is this that boost surge ive heard about, why would it do it at idle just after i start the car? should I contact my dealer? it also starts rough in the mornings, its only got 2000 mi. my car boosts fine, about 15psi in each gear, sometimes more sometimes less in different gears, and it runs strong, this was just wierd, any help?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Mine tends to studder a bit like that like something lags the engine when the compressor for the AC turns on. It only does it with the AC on however. I think its normal on our cars. If yours does this without AC on, i would contact a dealer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Careful

Hey slow whats up. Be careful. My ac compressor went out with only 2500 miles and they had to put a new one in under warranty. Fresno is hot as hell w/o air. Trust me. I was sweating like Michael Jackson at a little league game by the time I got home. :lol:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can imagine! I ripped the AC out of my old beastly ranchero so I went 6 years without AC and know how it is...my friends don't understand and now that I have a new car I have no excuses not to run it. Now I'm back at wussy status where I need the AC on all the time and I think it very well could be the compressor like you said, maybe I'll just let the car warm up before I go cranking it on from now on and see what happens. Thanks guys. Oh and Blk, I'm trying to contact other srt guys to see if we cant meet up sometime, try to spread the word if you talk to anyone. Later

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
djpheer said:
Mine tends to studder a bit like that like something lags the engine when the compressor for the AC turns on. It only does it with the AC on however. I think its normal on our cars. If yours does this without AC on, i would contact a dealer.
I wouldn't say it's normal. My car you can't tell whether the A/C is on or off unless you feel the air blowing out of the vents. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts