Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put new brake pads other than oem stock ones? Are they better, worse, same? How easy is it to put on brake pads? Ive never done it. Only 1 bolt to take out? anything you need to do to prevent squeeking? ect....or is it just quick on off. any post is apppreciated.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have been researching pads lately and here is what I have found:
Dustless pads eat rotors. One or the other HAS to be the wear surface. Dustless pads are hard and don't wear, so, the rotor is what wears.

Opinions are mixed about the Green Stuff.

The more performance oriented the pad, the more it squeeks.

If you want max performance, you will get a lot of dust.

Look at what others are running and try to see why. Fordtraitor runs Porterfield pads and he is a road racer. My guess is that these are among the best for that type of driving.

If you autocross, you should look to other autocrossers etc.

Bob

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
i have the ebc greens front and rear and no other brake mod. dust is slim to none. also after 8000miles of usage all seems well as for a rotors and pad wear is concerned. pedal feel was a smidge better and stoping distance very little shorter than stock. i bought them cause i hate dirty wheels.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
anything about Hawk???
I know they have that one pad that was tested with the StopTech brake kit that sparked when they started to heat up cause of the metal filings embedded in the pad. Looked impressive, but do they really work?

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
hawk makes a very aggresive pad with the autocrosse in mind. also take a look a ebc'
s red stuff also for the weekend racer. but they both wear quickly and have lots of brake dust.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
19 psi : stock said:
How easy is it to put on brake pads? Ive never done it. Only 1 bolt to take out? anything you need to do to prevent squeeking? ect....or is it just quick on off. any post is apppreciated.
It sounds like you all have replaced pads, anyone want to help? :hi:

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
I'd suggest when you put the new pads on, that you turn the rotors. I deal with this shit at work on a daily bases. Some of the techs there, are to lazy to turn the rotors, they will do what is called a "Pad Hang."a few days later, the customer will come back and complain of weird sounds, :wah?!: irregular wear, :wah?!: pulsating brake peddle, and other things. You get the point. Just my o2. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AdvanSRT-4 said:
I'd suggest when you put the new pads on, that you turn the rotors. I deal with this shit at work on a daily bases. Some of the techs there, are to lazy to turn the rotors, they will do what is called a "Pad Hang."a few days later, the customer will come back and complain of weird sounds, :wah?!: irregular wear, :wah?!: pulsating brake peddle, and other things. You get the point. Just my o2. :thumbsup:
does everyone turn there rotors?????? Did anyone not turn them?????
thanks, 19 psi (dan)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.