Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 05 SRT and im looking for a list of mod's to start out with...Im in the army so there isnt much of a budget...So im looking for the best bang for the buck...

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
first thing is to think what you wanna do with the car. drag, road race, dyno queen, etc. If you are like most people they always say this

"I want a car that's fast but not too fast, reliable, and looks decent."

Just keep in mind:
fast, cheap = not reliable
reliable, cheap = not fast
fast, reliable = not cheap

Well you want a street car. Go with the link posted above my post.

If you want more than 300whp start reading up you'll need all the info you can learn just like everyone else did. But you are lucky because all the veterans/old timers tested/tuned, and made mistakes so you don't have to.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Basically dude, the first few mods to look into for bang for your buck would be wastegate actuator or boost controller, needswings downpipe, bfmic, and spark plugs/wires. to start you off.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
A wideband should be on the first mods list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exhaust Question

I have an 05 SRT i want to dump the exhaust i have no resignator rite now so i want to cut it wer they were rite in the middle.... anyone know where i can put a hanger????

·
Registered
88 Posts
well i did the same but unbolted it from the cat and hung it right there...u should see a like a hanger mount of sum sort.....but its not the worst post sum guys are jus dicks.....;)

·
Registered
655 Posts
quickred4 said:
I have an 05 SRT i want to dump the exhaust i have no resignator rite now so i want to cut it wer they were rite in the middle.... anyone know where i can put a hanger????

It goes like this.

Turbo < O2 Sensor Housing < Downpipe < Catback

If you want to dump the exhaust...www.needswings.com, look at their downpipes w/cutouts.

You dont have to worry about any hangers or anything. Straight bolt up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ya see i where i had the resignators cut off i cut the pipe ther so i have like a foot of pipe just so thers some backpressure and its just kinda hangin ther and im worried its gonna put tomuch strain on the stock exhaust manifold......its just new to me cuz im used to trucks and mustangs were its got 500 hangers haha

and to the guy that sed worst post ever ya u can bite me.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
haha yea if u look under the car by the cat there like a hanger opening if u look u will c what im talking bout...hope this helps...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts