Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT 4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to replace Intake manifold gasket. Oil pressure switch also. Rear passenger strut out. And CV Axle gasket leaking.
I absolutely love my car. It's the only thing I have that's mine and I just want it to be happy. Any advice from anyone would help me tremendously.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Oil pressure switch is very easy to replace. That switch is a dummy switch and lights up if the oil pressure is super low. Google some pictures of where it is located- buy an OEM Mopar switch.

Axle seal is easy but requires more work. I believe you'll lose trans fluid when you remove the axle so be ready for that.
[Good time to drain and fill. Make sure the car is on a flat surface when you are filling it. ]
Some people put a tiny dab of BLACK rtv before driving in the axle seal. The last one I did didn't leak. I prefer Mopar seals.

As for struts that all depends on how much you want to spend, what you already have on the car, springs etc. Is the car lowered? What color are the struts on the car now?

Reactions: Rhilligoss89

·
Registered
3 Posts
About to replace Intake manifold gasket. Oil pressure switch also. Rear passenger strut out. And CV Axle gasket leaking.
I absolutely love my car. It's the only thing I have that's mine and I just want it to be happy. Any advice from anyone would help me tremendously.
Take your time dont go cheap on parts the extra money for the proper parts is worth it. If money is tight save up autozone and advanced parts are not worth waisting your money on I also bought an 05 about 8-9 months ago had several issues that most would have walked away from but i took my time and spent the money and now I would trust it to drive anywhere. Struts and seals I would say sure get them at local part stores but major parts get high quality parts.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
My car still has the Hondata IM gasket after many years.
Be super careful to not over tighten the bolts on each end.
Just snug lightly is more than enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts