Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I had a modified manifold as well, with an external wastegate. If you push those big wheels they don't last. By the time you're done spending money on the turbo, manifold, and O2 housing you could have purchased a 50 trim and manifold and had a more reliable solution with more potential. I had people telling me the same thing but the allure of the BWS was so promising. I wish I would have listened.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok so if a 50 trim is the better option what do I need for a 50 trim? Clearly turbo and manifold but what else?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Ok so if a 50 trim is the better option what do I need for a 50 trim? Clearly turbo and manifold but what else?
at the most basic, you will need to have
  • turbo
  • manifold
  • wastegate
  • blow-off valve
  • higher flowing fuel injectors (the rate you need will be based on what type fuel you want to run and how much power you would like to make)
  • a way to tune the car (such as one of the many diablosport tuners)
Things you should add at some point to make the car more tunable and power friendly

• Upgraded fuel pump
  • fuel pump rewire
  • returnline style fuel system
  • 3 bar map/tip sensors (to be able to run more than 18psi from the turbo)
If you buy the turbo and manifold as a kit, generally they will come with the o2 housing and wastegate dump needed to plumb the exhaust to the downpipe. If you piece it together, you will need to source an o2 housing and wastegate dump tube.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes a S3 can be hard to come by and expensive. 2-3k seems to be the rate but alot of that has to do w if its a whole kit or what shape its in. If its been rebuilt it will be pricey but id argue it raises your cars value. Whether you try to keep the toys is up to you. Nowadays its best just to get rid of it, get a stock PCM and a tune. If you want to keep it youll need to send your S2 pcm to Neon's PCMs Plus to get flashed. I think its $50.

DAB - I believe you want the 8psi spring . Also, check your vacuum lines and agp install sheet online. Depending on how its setup could be why it wont adjust. The sprayers would be the last thing I worry about if you go that route.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts