Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I don’t have much experience with my neon but I have a few questions about my mods such as what else is recommended and if any of my mods don’t go together and what not. To start of I’ll say what mods I have. First the car has a stage 2 kit with toys but idk if the toys work. Next I have a intake, throttle body, agp adjustable wastegate, walbro 255 pump,devilsown meth injection the meth is being pulled from the windshield fluid, and diablo sport trinity t1000 I think that’s it. It has a stock exhaust though. Now I was wondering if anything of those don’t go good together or what else I need such as 3 bar map sensor or anything else? I am doing 18 psi btw

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
stage 2 should have come with 3 bar map and tip sensors. Everything else you've mentioned seems fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I heard it does but I think it was swapped with a regular sensor I’ll double check though and is there any mods you’d recommend?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I actually have a full exhaust sitting in my garage that’s going in it in about a month or so

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
no real point i know of to have a stage 2 pcm & the trinity. in fact, i'm not sure how well they work together (lack of experience on my part). I could see the trinity causing the turbo toys to not function properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah probably but idk if I have the sprayers and what not I use to have just the stage 2 kit on it and honestly I never noticed a difference with the dial a boost or anything up until installing more stuff I noticed it ran a little weird it had a lot of lag it’ll start popping and then it would take of but when I installed the trinity t1000 it made it run better

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
sorry i'm not of much help here. never had a staged PCM or trinity tuner.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I’ll be short and if you want more advice, message me. Did you just get this car?
And since you have so many afr variables, I would link up with a vet so you don’t skip along one day and create a bad situation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I’ve had the car for a while now it’s just I’m trying to mod it more so I’m trying to see if there’s anything I should change with what I have now and what to add

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so In that case like what injectors would I need I currently have the one that came with the stage 2 kit and what would need to be done to the manifold? I have the 3 inch exhaust just haven’t been able to install it and I have a diablo sport trinity but I am trying to go somewhere for a custom tune

·
Registered
344 Posts
The manifold is a compliment to the BWS turbo, its just a larger neck welded on - Big Neck Manifold (Neon SRT-4)

Injectors will vary depending on what you want - 750cc are good option for just pump gas and stock turbo setups, 1000cc+ if you want e85 or go bigger turbo.

As far tuners go, there a select few that id say are the best (based on rep). Id highly suggest Dave Trojan (FB) or Duster360 (Forum Name), same guy. I believe he charges $50 for a simple re-scale for 3bar sensors - Needless Torque.com

·
Registered
344 Posts
If not done already, make sure you do the fuel pump re-wire. You already have 255 but id still suggest upgrading the wire so you have no issues down the road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright sounds good I’ll start looking into all that starting with the rewire just to be safe

·
Registered
344 Posts
If youre looking into a bws/manifold and plan to stay internally gated (stock) then remember that its common for stock manifolds to crack around the WG flapper / exhaust area. Try to find one w least amount of cracking and have turbobay (whoever) seal those up. If you plan to use youre then the car will be down for awhile, longer if you want the turbo. Could take 90 days, could take 6 months. Also know it could or will crack again later, the other option for long run solution is go externally gated and seal the flapper for good. If you go that route may cost ya little extra for tuning and dialing it in. I prefer the internally gated route but that is the way she goes w oem cast manifolds. If your car is your DD then youll have to assess the best route, if your manifold is in the better shape then I would want that one welded up over one w a ton of cracks - which means youll have to swap all that out twice.

A guy named Bogdan (Flame Red Performance) and Matt Collier (Youtube Matts Need For Speed) are both on FB, they should have cores to sell.

PS - dont forget to get a air fuel gauge, especially since you already loaded a dsp tune

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If youre looking into a bws/manifold and plan to stay internally gated (stock) then remember that its common for stock manifolds to crack around the WG flapper / exhaust area. Try to find one w least amount of cracking and have turbobay (whoever) seal those up. If you plan
Skip the big wheel turbo and go either Mopar Stage 3 or 50 Trim. I've been there, done that. The modified stockers just don't last, especially if you push them.

Skip the big wheel turbo and go either Mopar Stage 3 or 50 Trim. I've been there, done that. The modified stockers just don't last, especially if you push them.
If youre looking into a bws/manifold and plan to stay internally gated (stock) then remember that its common for stock manifolds to crack around the WG flapper / exhaust area. Try to find one w least amount of cracking and have turbobay (whoever) seal those up. If you plan to use youre then the car will be down for awhile, longer if you want the turbo. Could take 90 days, could take 6 months. Also know it could or will crack again later, the other option for long run solution is go externally gated and seal the flapper for good. If you go that route may cost ya little extra for tuning and dialing it in. I prefer the internally gated route but that is the way she goes w oem cast manifolds. If your car is your DD then youll have to assess the best route, if your manifold is in the better shape then I would want that one welded up over one w a ton of cracks - which means youll have to swap all that out twice.

A guy named Bogdan (Flame Red Performance) and Matt Collier (Youtube Matts Need For Speed) are both on FB, they should have cores to sell.

PS - dont forget to get a air fuel gauge, especially since you already loaded a dsp tune

I’ll make sure it look into all that good thing it’s no longer my daily but is there a diff manifold that can be used that might not crack as much? And yeah I’m already looking into the air to fuel ratio guage

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I think for now I’ll go with a big wheel because I heard it’s hard to find a stage 3 Turbo with the manifold not just that I don’t know if my toys work there connected and all but since I have my wastegate set to 18 psi that’s all I really get even if I mess with the dial a boost and I’ve never seen the sprayers on so if I go stage 3 I’d have to make sure the toys work right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts