Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the topic of taking the name of neon from srt 4. i dont know about u guys but i have ahd a neon since 2000 sure i been through all the neon stereotypes. me and my car have heard it all but i keep on keeping on, now that the Srt 4 will be coming out (god knows when! damn dealers). I will finally get to show those people that talk crap a neons whats up. when i c that acura rsx in my rear view or that stang gt. I will tell them its just a neon, and keep on driving with a smirk on my face :wink: for the time of insulting my neon will be over. I am a proud Neon driver .

Was that a NeoN?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Your a good man (or woman) - Be proud of your Mopar! Neons have laughed in the face of many auto-x'ers for a long time because of their ability, and now are earning respect all over the sport compact car world. Many will never get over the stereotype - don't mind them. Just know that mother mopar has spawned the fastest black sheep money can buy, and in the circles that count, the SRT will have much the same respect as the Omni GLH, and the roadrunner before that. Mopar can call this car anything they want. It's what's inside that counts :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bah, perhaps I'm in denial, but I'm not even going to call it a Neon. Dodge doesn't tout it as one, and neither do I. Besides, the SRT 4 has been so heavily modified it barely resembles its former self, I'd be surprised if people even recognize it as a Neon,

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yup, I think you are in Neon denial. I bet there will be a larger percentage of people that will recognize it as a Neon rather than an SRT. Just take a few trips to NA (Neons Anonymous) and you'll be fine. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Yeah, I agree about not recognizing it as a Neon. I have a picture on my desktop at work and I asked 6 people that I work with to take a look at it. The name Neon didn't come up once. One person asked if I was sure it was a Dodge. Another said it had the body lines similar to an eclipse or celica. These aren't automotive enthusiasts, but they know what they like. I realize its not fair, but the Neon name will probably always be associated with what it was before the SRT 4. No offense to current Neon owners, but I hope no one calls my SRT 4 a Neon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jay Leno had a great segment last night about 'a new law that requires companies to call their products what they really are' (I don't recall the exact wording, but it's very similar). One of the products he showed was the Neon, which now has to be named the "I never got laid car".

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have owned 2 neons, regular and RT and I loved them both. You cant beat it for the money and even though mine had a few problems, Dodge was right there to fix it for free (warranty.)

Im going to be getting this SRT4 when it comes out and even though its going to kill my wallet (probally 450+ because of trade in) I will be glad to call it a neon.

People made alot of fun of my RT because it "had stripes" (98 model) but there wasn't to many even willing to try to race me and nobody could be my shift timing!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
U may call it what ever u want most will call it a SRT 4 , but as for me it will be a Neon cause im proud of my car. Also yes i have gotten laid cause of my neon, even had u know what on the hood of my neon. i do have one story where a friend of mine was trying to hook me up with this girl but she told him that she doesnt go out with guys that drive NEONS :x she can go to hell :twisted:

TuPac

·
Registered
726 Posts
duderdude2 said:
Jay Leno had a great segment last night about 'a new law that requires companies to call their products what they really are' (I don't recall the exact wording, but it's very similar). One of the products he showed was the Neon, which now has to be named the "I never got laid car".
Jay can speak for himself! :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I never got laid in my neon but I did get laid in my chevy astro. That was a sweet ride, smooth as hell and lots of room for my bass equipt!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I am pround and content that I bought my 2k Neon. It's the cheapest car I had to maintain. Far more fun driving than cars I have spend time on. Knock on wood, I have not gotten stuck on the highways for the past 110,000 miles....ever.

When I met my gf, she was an Honda Defender, as I called her. Now, talk shit about Neons and she'll be happy to land a side kick on your face. I remind her once in a while that she's been "Neonized". Ya, she's proud of it. She's also a Z Defender. :twisted:

Oh yeah, both of us know why our Neon's suspension is deteriorating fast! :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
SilverBullet
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing