Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a neon and everything was fine but clutch slave cylinder was missing the clip to align in tranny . they don't just sell the clip so i had to go to advanced auto and get a brand new slave . unistalled old one installed new one bled the system multiple times and no pressure at all on clutch pedal. More then 2 weeks bleeding the system every other day and nothing . followed many bleeding process and nothing . is there a chance that my clutch master cylinder can cause thoes symptoms on pedal when it is bad ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, this happened on an Integra I had years back. Clutch would flop to the floor. Also became hard to get in gears. Once I chanced the clutch master cylinder, it fixed it. I know it’s a different car, but I’d assume it’s a somewhat similar design. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Just got a neon and everything was fine but clutch slave cylinder was missing the clip to align in tranny . they don't just sell the clip so i had to go to advanced auto and get a brand new slave . unistalled old one installed new one bled the system multiple times and no pressure at all on clutch pedal. More then 2 weeks bleeding the system every other day and nothing . followed many bleeding process and nothing . is there a chance that my clutch master cylinder can cause thoes symptoms on pedal when it is bad ?
The short answer is yes.

The long answer... is a story. haha
Recently I installed a DCR clutch pedal push rod. In the process of doing the install (Still 100% original slave and master cylinders) I somehow messed up a seal or something within the master cylinder. After that the car acted exactly the way you describe. I bled the system several times, yet still could never get pedal pressure. Because the cylinders were original with ~110k miles I went ahead and changed out both for Exedy brand components. Everything has worked perfectly fine since even with the DCR push rod installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The short answer is yes.

The long answer... is a story. haha
Recently I installed a DCR clutch pedal push rod. In the process of doing the install (Still 100% original slave and master cylinders) I somehow messed up a seal or something within the master cylinder. After that the car acted exactly the way you describe. I bled the system several times, yet still could never get pedal pressure. Because the cylinders were original with ~110k miles I went ahead and changed out both for Exedy brand components. Everything has worked perfectly fine since even with the DCR push rod installed.
Thanks simon.starkie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, this happened on an Integra I had years back. Clutch would flop to the floor. Also became hard to get in gears. Once I chanced the clutch master cylinder, it fixed it. I know it’s a different car, but I’d assume it’s a somewhat similar design. Hope that helps.
Thanks i will try master cylinder

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I replaced slave cylinder will replace master on friday hopefully it works
one tip, if you're having difficulty getting the master cylinder past the brake booster, there are 4 nuts holding it to the firewall on the inside up behind the pedals. you can loosen those nuts and gain some more wiggle room to get the clutch master cylinder in/out.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Also, if you can afford it, and you can wait a bit longer, i would highly suggest grabbing one of the clutch pedal pivot upgrades from DCR on ebay and installing it at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts