Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kevin, if I drop off my stroker short block and my sister's wrx motor we talked about how long would it take to get both built. The priority is the wrx motor so I will need that one built first. I talked with bob about doing some work do the heads, tgv's, intake manifold, coated pistons so I will need those shipped to him.

Just looking for a timeframe, I am going to pull the wrx motor this week and head up there the next if we can do this.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
that 2.6L will be sick when its done

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
hey matt did you get the parts for the wrx or am i getting the parts that we talked about? if you have the parts i could do it in less then 2 weeks for both of them. if i need to get the parts it will realisticly be 3-4 weeks right now with how busy we are.

let me know man shoot me a text you got my number!!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Kevin I have all the internals for the motor, I don't have the head set up which bob said he was going to hook me up with.

Also on the 6 speed I bought, think you could swap the 5/6th gear out so I can have a close ratio gear box?

Oh ya and I was wondering about warranty on the motor? Would I have to do all the internals through you to get the warranty or do you offer them? I'm just worried since it's the ej205.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
ya we could do the 5/6th gear for sure. we usaully dont offer warranty on the motors since it is so hard to protect ourselves on our end due to other tuners, drivers ect....

·
Registered
697 Posts
Damn Kevin your up early ...... LOL
:hi:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good kevin, my concern is the lubrication system since that is why the motor failed the first time. I bought a sti 11mm pump, reinforced pick up tube, sti oil pan which I don't know if it will help it but I figured I would give those parts a shot. I am just really afraid my sister will get stranded from that, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Let me do some looking back on what we've done in the past with our lubrication on high hp wrx motors I'm pretty sure we just did the upgrade to the 11mm pump and pickup tube. I don't think shee will have a problem. Did you get new case bolts?

·
Banned
479 Posts
get the 12mm pump and moroso oil pan with baffel,windage tray,and big pick up tube.
kevin hit me up with the numbers were on are way in two weeks

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
nvsrt, all those parts are overkill for my application plus I hear the moroso pan isn't the best quality which if I were to go aftermarket it would be the killerbmotorsports pan that just released..

Kevin here is my set up so far

Wiseso 92.5mm pistons (f&f coated)
eagle rods
new 2004 ej205 crank
ARP head bolts
ARP case bolts
Full gasket kit for 2004 ej205
sti oil pan
killer b motorsports pick up tube
sti 11mm pump
ported/coated heads (f&f)
bc 272 cams
bc springs/retainers/valve (1mm over both)
ati damper
new pulleys
gates timing belt/ac belt/alternator belt

hta68 turbo (ported)
grimmspeed high flow crossover pipe
girmmspeed uppipe
invidia divorced downpipe
hks carbon catback
tgv deletes (f&f)
ported intake manifold (f&f)

2005 6 speed swap
dss 1 piece 3in driveline
180 diff
dss 180 to 2004 wrx hub axles rear
exedy HD organic stage 1 clutch with exedy flywheel
JDM 5/6th gear for close ratio box
DCCD controller

cobb tuner
grimm boost solenoid
CLARK TURNER TUNED (local phoenix tuner)

I'm shooting for max of whatever the turbo maxes at, no more than that since I don't know if my sister can handle more and don't want to over power her car. I do want the engine to be strong and be efficient which is why I am doing some port work and cams. I don't know if you would consider this a high hp motor but I would like it put together the same as one. I didn't buy bearings yet since I was unsure what you would want them set at so I am leaving that step to you whether they be stock/acl/cosworth bearings. I am heading home this wed now so I will have it pulled by the weekend and heading up there next week for sure along with the stroker motor.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
hey matt looked over some builds and looks like we have been using the 11mm pump on all of them from 400-600hp so i think that you should be fine with it also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts