Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called discount tire and they said I need spacers to run the axis reverbs 18x7.5??
THis cant be right, can anyone chime in who has these rims or know if I would need spacers or not.
Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bump: :bump: Anyone else?

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Although you could go with the 18x8.5 Reverbs in 35 offset. No spacers needed and they give a much more aggressive look.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
evo77 said:
Although you could go with the 18x8.5 Reverbs in 35 offset. No spacers needed and they give a much more aggressive look.
You mentioned "much more aggressive look", what do you mean?
Wouldn't the 8.5" wide rim be to wide for a 225 tire? I do not want the rim sticking out farther than the tire
Stealth2004srt4 just confirmed with me that he used a spacer with his axis reverbs 18x8.5
I need to know what is going on before I order!!

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
xthugxlivingx or Sensei did not need spacers for their 18x8.5 Axis Reverbs. I don't see why anyone would need to since there is plenty of room for the calipers. In fact there is plenty of room between the tires and stock struts as well because Sensei fitted them without any rubbing.

What I mean by more aggressive is that the 18x8.5 has a lower offset which will move the wheels out a bit and the fact that they are wider than the 18x7.5 will stretch 225/40/18 just a bit for an aggressive look.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
You should NOT have any issues. I just gave you two examples of members who don't have problems and one is lowered on Eibach springs (silver car) with only rubbing in the back with 3 passengers in the back seat.

You have Mopar S1 springs which is just like riding stock springs except your lower by a pinky finger nail. :lol:

·
Registered
764 Posts
sorry if this is too late. I just found this thread.

I'm running the Reverb 18x8.5 and they fit with 225 tires (no rubbing). I have trimmed my rear fenders (I don't like to roll, too much chance of cracking paint) and even with a full car load I will bottom on the bump stops before it will rub. If you go with 235, you will have some problems for sure. Also, the offset is just right to clear the strut. I only have 1/2 inch between the strut and wheel.

now the 18x7.5 should fit even better.

Craig

P.S. I'm running Eibach Sportline springs (lower than proline).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts