Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when the exhaust is cold, my 3" exhaust rubs against the outside bottom part of the trunk where the spare tire is located. This rubbing goes away after about 15 min of driving when the exhaust moves a little bit after warming up. I was wondering if anyone can suggest anything that I can put on the outside of the trunk on the area where the exhaust is rubbing to help absorb some or poissibly eliminate the vibration. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
502 Posts
acrsrt4 said:
I have noticed that when the exhaust is cold, my 3" exhaust rubs against the outside bottom part of the trunk where the spare tire is located. This rubbing goes away after about 15 min of driving when the exhaust moves a little bit after warming up. I was wondering if anyone can suggest anything that I can put on the outside of the trunk on the area where the exhaust is rubbing to help absorb some or poissibly eliminate the vibration. Thanks in advance
I just used a nice size rubber mallet and took care of that problem during the install :rofl:

I havent had any rubbing isues and you cant even see the dent from inside the car, the carpet thats in the spare tire location hides it good!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hate to say it but I did the same thing. Just need to repatch the undercoat, primer to keep my spare tire well from rusting out. Not that we have rust here in Minnesota.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts