Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stock boost gauge, like many others, has shit the bed. its been like this for a few months now. i turn off the car and the needle sits at 10 vac and im only spiking 11 psi on the gauge, on a good day. anyway, is this just a problem with the "SRT" line of autometer boost gauges, or does this normally happen to boost gauges in general? the reason i ask is, whos to say that i go and buy a new boost gauge and it doesnt happen again? if its just the SRT line of gauges, than great. also, my friend just so happens to have an autometer, mechanical boost gauge at his house. i think its the same gauge like the SRT line of autometers, just not with the srt logo on it. only thing is, it only goes to 20 psi. should i buy this gauge? i really dont plan on turning the boost up. i dont want to be bothered with wiring up boost controllers or pushing the turbo any harder than i already do, the car is fast enough at normal boost levels. with that said, my friend is willing to sell this gauge for like 40 bucks, should i do it?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump. can anyone help me here?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
If your car is an '05, just take it in and have it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wouldnt mind getting it fixed under warranty, but im worried that the next gauge they install is gonna just as big a piece of shit as the last one. ive been reading some pretty fucked up stories on the forums about factory boost gauges and people getting like 3 or 4 of them replaced, and the new one just broke. i dont care whether or not the gauge in my dashboard says "SRT" or not, i just want a boost gauge that is accurate and doesnt break. if i buy my friends gauge for like 30 bucks and never have to worry about it again, ill be fine with that, but not if all of the boost gauges from autometer break like the srt gauge versions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts