Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 16 years old and want to buy a srt-4. It would be my second car, there is 265xxx on the shell but the guy put a new create engine in along with a whole new driveline( new transmission, diff, axles and clutch) and all new suspension after he bought it then stored the car in a barn because it “wasn’t his style of car” as srt-4 owners do you think this is a good buy?

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
I'm going to try to be nice here....

I am 16 years old and want to buy a srt-4.
I'll comment on this at the end.
It would be my second car,
"second" as in, you would then have two cars or this would be the second car you've owned?
there is 265xxx on the shell but the guy put a new create engine in along with a whole new driveline( new transmission, diff, axles and clutch) and all new suspension after he bought it
Any proof of the work done? receipts? pictures? How many mile ago was the work done?
then stored the car in a barn because it “wasn’t his style of car”
Doesn't make sense to dump money into a car that isn't your style of car and then not sell it right away. Why hold on to it? how long has it been sitting? any signs of rodents?
as srt-4 owners do you think this is a good buy?
You never mentioned some of the most critical information we would need to even begin to give you our thoughts on this. How much are they asking for it? How's the overall condition of the car? Any rust? is the car all together and drivable? is there any other work that the car needs?

While generally I feel like these are not good cars for young drivers, I realize everyone is different. The problem, and we've seen it so many times over the years, is that too many young drivers have gotten mommy and daddy to buy these cars for them and the first sign of an issue, the car goes to shit and possibly gets parted out rather than fixed.

I just ask that if you do get one, be nice to it....

ok... i was nice.... whew!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy put the work into it but he realized he wasn’t into have a car he needed a truck and stuff. He never said how long ago the work was done. But no signs of rodents or rust or rot. And second car I owned. There is no mommy and daddy’s money involved I worked my ass off for the car I got now and i worked for the money to but this on. I don’t drive like an idiot or anything either I would take care of it. I just want to know if there car is a good car to buy. I can fix most things on it I just wanna know if it’s worth the buy

·
Registered
337 Posts
Skip this car. You don’t want a 17 year old car for a daily driver. You’ll get stuck somewhere. I babied my car and still had lots of basic wear issues. These cars are almost classics now and based on my 71 mustang...classics needs lots of work.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Skip this car. You don’t want a 17 year old car for a daily driver. You’ll get stuck somewhere. I babied my car and still had lots of basic wear issues. These cars are almost classics now and based on my 71 mustang...classics needs lots of work.
I daily mine.... but it isnt my only vehicle. I have my tacoma as a backup...

Reactions: ksuav8r

·
Registered
517 Posts
These cars are reliable if engine power is kept somewhat stock. Just got back from a track day. Saw some newer cars with mechanical problems. I was passed by a Ford Focus RS who subsequently went to the side of the racetrack with some issues. I think his day was over. The srt4 made it through the day with no issues except needing more top speed. I won't track it anymore because I don't want to push my luck. It's not my primary car but it will be used as a backup street car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts