Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running S1 jets with the wastegate at 19psi, at 20psi i would go lean about 12.6-12.8

Now i installed my PTP FPR mod if i go to 21psi i get 11.6-12.2

I turned the wastegate to 23psi and when i reach about 4.5k rpm its goes lean to 12.6-12.8 and no matter how much i turn my map clamp it will not go any richer.

My question is, is there a maximum u can turn the clamp to? does it eventually just stop turning, cuz mine seems to be just turning forever and ever without changing my AFR.

Is my map clamp somehow misfunctional or do i just need more gas... S2 jets?
And is 12.6-12.8 too lean?

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Have you considered that the s1's may be out of fuel? The only people I know upward of 21psi are on s2's I really hope you arent running that much boost on the stock turbo. I was told that anything past 12.4 is really dangerous depending on your other mods and timing advance. 12.8's pushin it......

HARD :grimrippe

What are your other mods?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Mopar Stage1 PCM
Mopar Stage1 Jets /w PTP FPR
Mopar Blowoff Valve
AGP Wastegate
AGP Solid Motor Mounts
AGP Solid Tranny Mount
MPX 3'' Turboback
MPX 3'' o2
MSD Coilpack
MSD Wires
ACT 6 puck Clutch Kit
ACT Chromoly Flywheel
Autowerks Stage2 Transmission
UMS Intercooler 32x12x4''
Dasmopar MapClamp
Custom CAI
K&N Filter
Koni yellow Struts
Eibach Sportline Springs
AEM UEGO Wideband

Alot of useless mods there...i just copy pasted from my page.

Im gonna see if i can turn the clamp all the way to the end....if my AFR dosent drop ill turn the boost down till i can get my hands on stage2 jets.

Thing is, with the wastegate at 23psi i can hold 19-20 at the redline.
If i put 21psi, at redline i can only hold 16psi...which sux.

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
DaveSRT-4 said:
Mopar Stage1 PCM
Mopar Stage1 Jets /w PTP FPR
Mopar Blowoff Valve
AGP Wastegate
AGP Solid Motor Mounts
AGP Solid Tranny Mount
MPX 3'' Turboback
MPX 3'' o2
MSD Coilpack
MSD Wires
ACT 6 puck Clutch Kit
ACT Chromoly Flywheel
Autowerks Stage2 Transmission
UMS Intercooler 32x12x4''
Dasmopar MapClamp
Custom CAI
K&N Filter
Koni yellow Struts
Eibach Sportline Springs
AEM UEGO Wideband

Alot of useless mods there...i just copy pasted from my page.

Im gonna see if i can turn the clamp all the way to the end....if my AFR dosent drop ill turn the boost down till i can get my hands on stage2 jets.

Thing is, with the wastegate at 23psi i can hold 19-20 at the redline.
If i put 21psi, at redline i can only hold 16psi...which sux.
Honestly In my opinion 23psi isnt worth the wear an tear on your turbo. Youll probably make less then 10hp with those 2psi due to the turbo bieng so far out of its efficiency range. If I were you I would look into getting some s2 injectors and a piggyback and ditch map clamp, as youll pick up that extra power at a lower boost level Go with an e1 or sst upgrade if you want the boost especially at redline just try to find horsepower elsewhere. 19psi at redline on your setup = knock city just my .02 good luck.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
with the FP at only 65psi, my A/F is around 11.0 with 20psi(S1), so a doubt your "out of fuel".

Sounds like you have the map clamp set at too low a voltage or it is a bit fu-bared. Do it right and get a multi-meter that reads dc. With a 5 volt input adjust the clamp to about 4.6 ish and go from there.

23 at the manifold is probably 25-28psi at the turbos outlet which is off the map in terms of shitty efficiency. But if you don't hear any knock and think it runs better more power to ya.

·
Registered
520 Posts
well i have a 75psi mod and s1 and i have plenty of fuel for 23psi. i run 21 daily. but you are knocking so bad without wi that is probably why you are getting speratic afr's. i have noticed some things when i log timing is when i didnt have wi and was running 20psi. i could zero my safc and my afr's were in the 11's but if i pulled lets say 10% across. they would be almost the same. but it was because the pcm would add a bunch of timing untell it knocked. i would see 31deg then it would fall to like 24 and i would have afr's in the 9's by redline. but when i would pull the fuel out the timing map was much more uniformed and would gradually add timing through the rpm. it would start at about 24 and gradually go up to about 30 at redline. but now with wi i get a max timing of 33deg with no knock at all. if you really want to run any more boost than 19psi you need wi or have stock in your local race fuel dealer.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Sounds like you might need a fuel pump. Your not getting very much fuel like you should with the fuel mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts