Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just bought a 05 Neon SRT4 that came with 3in catback and a KNN CAI. Im looking to do a E85 swap kit with 1000cc injectors. I want to upgrade the forced induction system and would like to know what brand/type of turbos you guys would recommend. Also if i upgrade power i need to upgrade handling and braking especially the damn torque steer. Any suggestions? Money isnt much of an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just ordered a Stage 2 Clutch kit that is able to withstand up to 400 ft/lbs, a new adjustable wastegate and new distributor and wires to start

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
First off, welcome to the forums, and to the SRT family!
Secondly, show us pictures of your new ride. We like pictures!

I'm going to break down your post to try to answer all your questions and also get some clarity on the state of things with your car.
Hi, i just bought a 05 Neon SRT4 that came with 3in catback and a KNN CAI.
How many miles are on it?
Im looking to do a E85 swap kit with 1000cc injectors.
If you haven't already, you should consider the injector/tune package from Needless Torque. https://www.needlesstorque.com/product.html

He is a well respected tuner which has been around the SRT-4 world forever.

I want to upgrade the forced induction system and would like to know what brand/type of turbos you guys would recommend.
There are so many variables to this that we couldnt possibly give you a recommendation yet. We need to know what your power goals are. We need to know what type of driving you do (street car, drag racing, Auto-x, road racing etc.)

Also if i upgrade power i need to upgrade handling and braking especially the damn torque steer.
You are correct in that the car should be looked at, as a whole unit where upgrading one system affects the other systems. Because you have given us limited information on the condition of the car, we cant really give much help in the way of suspension or braking upgrades. I will say though, these cars are old now. Even the ones with the lowest of miles are still at least 15 years old. Old rubber (in bushings, lines, hoses, etc.) will break down over time and need to be addressed. It is very possible that you should be looking into bringing the car back to a "stock" type setup (meaning, new control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, motor mounts etc. etc. ) before trying to push it harder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its at 145k miles. I changed the spark plugs with LZTR5AIX-13 NKG plugs. Immediately it started misfiring when it hit 2500 RPM under hard acceleration when the turbo hit. When I ease it up there is no misfire. I checked the gap and it was between 0.050 and 0.052 on all of them. I read that the SRTs run better on 0.038-0.040 gap so i gaped it and still have the misfire. I have new wires coming but i went and got some cheap ones from O'riely and its still misfiring with a basic P0300 code. Im baffled lol.
My power goal is between 350 to 400 hp. The "KNN" filter is a basic one that i think that the guy i bought it from put a KNN sticker on it. Its gonna be mostly driven around town but ill take it to the track every now and then.
I plan on replacing all control arms and most of the suspension components. Should I get some bigger calipers as well?

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
The stock sized brakes are very good for our cars. "Big" brake kits are super expensive and only beneficial on road race cars. Upgraded pads/rotors/SS lines are as far as i would take the brakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So we bought a carb legal CAI, AGP wastegate, Granatelli coil pack, and a heat shield. Some stock injectors and clips are coming. Still struggling with a misfire under WOT and around 7-9 psi though. Also can someone identify the green thing for me?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts