Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I'm new, a little introduction. I am rebuilding a neon srt-4 from the junkyard and I'm having some difficulties.
    Screenshot_20191201-203437.png
    where exactly do the mounting bolts line up for this bracket? as in where do they go into the block and head?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also need help with where the accessory brackets and where their bolts go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't seem to find it in the manual. I suppose I didn't look hard enough. so do those 2 upper ones go through the tensioner or something? thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
i believe the one on the right in that picture does go through the tensioner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any idea what's with the one on the left? whether it goes through something or what size it is?

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
I dont think the bolt on the left goes through anything. I'll try to remember to look at mine when i get home from work to tell you for sure.

As for that black bracket. Sorry, i do not recognize that one. Any clues to which side of the engine bay it came from...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's just confusing because I can't find any tensioner bolts. maybe I lost them? I was just hoping they went through something else and I didn't lose them lol.

Also I looked at the part number and it says some sort of turbo/exhaust bracket? I know there's another that is sort of just a long straight piece. thought I read somewhere they weren't really necessary. not sure lol any help appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
i haven't run a stock turbo since 2008.... so, sorry i'm rusty on info there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and did you figure anything else out about the tensioner bolts? that's the part that's really throwing me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think that bracket goes from the block to the O2 housing, on the back of the motor, under the turbo/manifold. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Ok just went out and confirmed the right bolt for the big side bracket is the bolt for the top of the tensioner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
does anyone know the size of the left tensioner bolt? I'm guessing it just goes through tensioner and into block.

Also how does this little bracket on starter go

finally, what size bolt goes through the dipstick bracket into the block?

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Yes lower tensioner bolt just goes through and into the block. That little bracket attaches to the intake manifold. (Many of us ditched it long ago).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any idea on the size of that left tensioner bolt? (don't have it) and dipstick bracket bolt? (also don't have)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
found a tensioner bolt. still need dipstick one.

Also how do these lines all go and where do they mount?

where does that bracket go? where does that little line with the blue on it go? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

here's another pic of that blue line. another post had it going this direction. does it go to the oil cooler?

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
that bracket bolts to the side of the head. that coolant line is one of the ones for the turbo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts