Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've done this before on a car but this srt-4 is different. i want to hook up my underbody neons to my dome light so when i unlock my car they will go on with the dome light and then shut up when it does. so i found the wire and cut into it. but the problem is the light automatically has electrical current running through it so the neons turn on automatically, even when the car is closed and locked. so how do i do this. the dome little is soo weird. i dont know how it turns on while it already has a little power coming through. plz can anyone help me.

·
Registered
616 Posts
viper012345 said:
ok i've done this before on a car but this srt-4 is different. i want to hook up my underbody neons to my dome light so when i unlock my car they will go on with the dome light and then shut up when it does. so i found the wire and cut into it. but the problem is the light automatically has electrical current running through it so the neons turn on automatically, even when the car is closed and locked. so how do i do this. the dome little is soo weird. i dont know how it turns on while it already has a little power coming through. plz can anyone help me.
why would you want that on your car????????????grrrrrr

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
haha okay well i would say give those to a honda but i think the dome light is a ground activated light that is why it has constant power

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i want them on my car cuz i already had the neons and im bored. its ok i figured it on. you have to use the ground wire from the dome too so the lights will go off. at first i had them grounded somewhere else cuz i didn't think it mattered.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The dome light is controlled by ground through a module. So, i wouldn't tap into it without using a relay.

click pic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts