Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i brang my car into the dealership and they said that i need a new clutch. i only have 17k miles on it so i'm pretty sure they're full of shit. i'm the second owner and have yet to bring it to the track and i only get on it occasionally and WOT twice, that's it.

wondering if someone could diagnose this problem before i spend money on something i don't need.

my car doesn't like to go into second ( up shifting or down) once the car's all warmed up. it's pretty hard to get it into reverse as well when it's warm. there's no noise or chatter coming from the housing. once i drop the clutch, it catches and i've never had it slip on me.

i already adjusted the crossover cable which help a little bit. i still have to change the tranny fluid.

i know some people have said that the dealer told them the same thing (clutch was bad) but it turned out it wasn't.

i could really use the help. they want to charge me $1k to replace the clutch, throwout bearing and resurface the flywheel.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so do i have to get a new one? why would it only happen in two gears? i would think it would be all of them.

·
Administrator
39,431 Posts
well, since the clutch MAY not be releasing fully it puts more strain on the syncros. If those are now worn out you will have a bitch of a time getting the car in gear.

can you get into those gears when the car is turned off? that'll let you know if it's in the shifting mechanism or gears, or the clutch.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, when the car is off, i can get into gears. so what does that mean?
thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so is it the TOB? like i said i really don't think it's bad. it doesn't slip and it engages once i get it into gear.

·
Registered
79 Posts
have you checked your brake fluid latey because it is a hydrlic clutch. the clutch uses the same cycle as the brakes do. bleed the brakes and put in some high temp fluid. i had the same problem about a mouth ago i did that and now it doesnt do that any more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts