Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have the knob and skirt off, middle console is in the front yard, i have the two bushings that connect to the tabs off, now the two lines that come in from the trany, how do you get them off the shifter? there seems to be two tabs that hold them on. i can spin them but can not get them off, is there a secret????? or do i just need to keep pulling on them????? thanks for all the help guys.....

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
zeus442 said:
ok i have the knob and skirt off, middle console is in the front yard, i have the two bushings that connect to the tabs off, now the two lines that come in from the trany, how do you get them off the shifter? there seems to be two tabs that hold them on. i can spin them but can not get them off, is there a secret????? or do i just need to keep pulling on them????? thanks for all the help guys.....
Didn't you get new bushings? Anyways just pull hard they will pop off. On the one towards the trunk I had to pull the shifter (while in neutral) away from where I was pulling to help pop it out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no no i got the bushings off its towards the front, the two lines come in thers a clamp around them i pull and pull and nothing

·
Registered
196 Posts
I installed mine yesterday. The tabs spun like a bitch... the solution....Snap some vise grips on them (ones with sharp teeth), and then use a big screw driver against the shifter and vise grips and use leverage to your advantage. You have to push like mad. Also, leave the 4 bolts on for the shifter until they are off. Stops it from moving.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
zeus442 said:
no no i got the bushings off its towards the front, the two lines come in thers a clamp around them i pull and pull and nothing
Oh I got ya.

You need a pair of These

Suckers work great. Remember to pull towards the door now towards the hood or trunk.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys got it, was getting dark and i was getting lazy so ill wait till anohter day to put in the buger bushings, was having another problem getting the stock ones out as well,,,,haha but thanks for all the help

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Damn dawg its a 30 minute job.

Pull the cables from the linkage by pulling towards you...really hard, remove the bushings from the cable by sticking a small screwdriver in the hole and pulling out.

Remove the cables from the assembly by pulling the pins holding each cable on. All you have to do is pull it straight out there is even a little tab on it. Pull hard!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Agreed, and a claw hammer seems to help get those annoying clips off the shifter cables where they enter the shifter itself. just stick the claw end against the lip of the clip and pull towards you, should pop off easily, Be freaking careful doing this though, you could hurt yourself with the hammer. As to the bushings, take a couple small flathead screwdrivers, slide one in alonside the bushing and use the other to push from the middle of the bushing through the hole in the cable. Careful with this as well, i left my hand behind the first bushing i did for support and cut a huge chunk out of the side of my finger!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts