Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need some info if someone has it.

As a part of my deal when I purchased my Magnum, I worked into the deal that they would provide me with the Nav System for there cost. The car was so new at the time, that they did not have the cost available.

Well low and behold after waiting 2 months the system finally arrived. Now the dealer is quoting me something beyond bull---- as their cost. I want to nail them on this one.

I was wondering if anyone had a little inside information on the dealer cost for that system, part # 82208653, with bezel #82209312 for the Magnum.

Anyone who is able to provide proof of this info, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
part # 82208653=1,795.00 USD
part # 82209312=69.00 USD
straight from chryslers website, but thats not including labor for installing it and any other bs they are going to charge you for. what was their quote anyways?

·
Registered
694 Posts
manny, those prices are MSRP or retail cost.

ldavenci, Is it a "5 Star" dealer? Non 5 Star dealer seem to have higher prices. I would suspect the dealer cost is better than 30% off those retail prices. But I don't know for sure.

My salesman offered me Dealers Cost on accessories and when he gave me the prices it was only his employee cost and not true dealer cost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E55 KEV said:
manny, those prices are MSRP or retail cost.

ldavenci, Is it a "5 Star" dealer? Non 5 Star dealer seem to have higher prices. I would suspect the dealer cost is better than 30% off those retail prices. But I don't know for sure.

My salesman offered me Dealers Cost on accessories and when he gave me the prices it was only his employee cost and not true dealer cost.
Hey Kev...

It wasn't a Five Star Dealer, so that might be one of the issue, but the bottom line is that they said they would charge me $1785.00. Now tell me who is getting hosed here. What do you think I should do here?

BTW, thank's for the response. You have wheels on your Magnum yet? Let me know if your looking for some. Did I tell you I'm getting Wilwood brake installed in about 3 weeks? Sending it out Wilwood in CA to have it measured and installed for SEMA. Let me know if you intersted in brakes also. 13" rotors in front and 12" in the rear.

Take Care.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a 2004 Durango from the same dealer I bought my Magnum RT from. I got him to change out the radio for the Nav radio, same as the RT, for 1440.00. He claimed the system was 2295 list as a add on and 1695 dealer cost.

·
Registered
694 Posts
AISTQM said:
I just bought a 2004 Durango from the same dealer I bought my Magnum RT from. I got him to change out the radio for the Nav radio, same as the RT, for 1440.00. He claimed the system was 2295 list as a add on and 1695 dealer cost.

That's a great deal, especially on a Nav unit that retails for $1795. They did the install (labor) and all for $1440.00? Did they keep the OEM unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 1440.00 included install and they get to keep the old radio. This was all part of the negotiations to buy the Durango . I just got the Durango yesterday. I couldn't stand the idea of driving my Magnum in the winter salt and slush.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A little off topic

I know this is a little off topic but if any of you guys ever have the joystick break on those navigation units I know a great place to have them repaired. navradiorepair.com fixed my broken joystick control for a great price and they were great. I would just like to give a little promotion for a great company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts