Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a code P 1128. What is it? I threw it by the following. I was starting the car, and let the clutch out a little before it fired. Not so it grabbed, but it killed the starter. So I started it again, and it surged a few times. I thought ok, and started driving. Next thing I know its missing, and at like 3000, it feels like a rev limiter, almost like a safe mode? Any ideas? What does the code mean? Thanks everyone!!!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Sorry that code isn't on the 2 websites I check at. Are you sure it said P1128? Disconnect your negative battery cable for 1/2 hour to see if it goes away.

The sites I go to:

http://www.obdii.com/

http://www.iequus.com/3100.asp?CatShort=CodeDef#getCodes

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reset the computer, and its fine now. That false start most of tricked the ecu or something and it went into safe mode. Weird, but its ok now. :?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I think you guys have found the same thing I posted in February... :D

I think the engine detects it as a backfire / detonation or extreme knock, and cuts all the parameters back.

Safe mode is an excellent description of it !!

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I had a simular issue with my old Sentra SE. The cel would come on and rev limiter would kick in @3000 rpm. After resetting ECU everything would be fine. Had it checked by dealer numerous times but never could figure out what it was.

·
Registered
284 Posts
some Some codes are vehicle specific. This seems to be one of them as it is not on any reference material. If you call your local dealership and have them look up the code in reference to the last 8 digits in your VIN, they will be able to tell you what it means. Sometimes they won't tell you without bringing your car in but if you call around someone will help you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
srt4jax
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing