Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I need help finding a good fast spooling turbo kit that goes for 500hp. Not trying to waste that much on a turbo kit but let me know!

·
Registered
57 Posts
It all depends on what your definition of fast spooling is. Do you expect full boost close to what the stock turbo puts out? your never gonna get a turbo to both spool like the stocker and hit 500 hp. there Are plenty of turbos good enough to hit spool close To what mopar s3 and hit 400 hp easily. hitting 500 hp you will need a turbo that spools a little higher than mopar s3 Around 3500 to 4000 rpms. To hit 500hp I would personally get agp borg Warner s257 fmw In the .63 ar housing. You should be able to hit full boost by 4000 rpms, a good balance between good spool and hitting 500 hp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all depends on what your definition of fast spooling is. Do you expect full boost close to what the stock turbo puts out? your never gonna get a turbo to both spool like the stocker and hit 500 hp. there Are plenty of turbos good enough to hit spool close To what mopar s3 and hit 400 hp easily. hitting 500 hp you will need a turbo that spools a little higher than mopar s3 Around 3500 to 4000 rpms. To hit 500hp I would personally get agp borg Warner s257 fmw In the .63 ar housing. You should be able to hit full boost by 4000 rpms, a good balance between good spool and hitting 500 hp.
I was thinking of getting a 60 trim. But I’ve heard that they spool really slow. How much do you think I can push with that turbo?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 60 trim comes with a choice of ar housings and will spool full boost dependent upon what ar housing you choose. The .48 ar and you can expect full boost in About 3500 rpms the .63 ar will spool at 4000 rpm and the .82 ar you should be able to hit full boost at about 4500 rpms. So choose how you want to spool fast or slow. there’s a big difference between the .48 and .82 In how the turbo acts. As far as hp gos the 60 trim should Be able to get you to 500 but At 30 psi. in other words you would need to put all the springs in the wastegate lol. In my opinion I would go with an borg Warner or pte turbo over the 60 trim. theres Not that much difference in price. but that’s just my opinion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 60 trim comes with a choice of ar housings and will spool full boost dependent upon what ar housing you choose. The .48 ar and you can expect full boost in About 3500 rpms the .63 ar will spool at 4000 rpm and the .82 ar you should be able to hit full boost at about 4500 rpms. So choose how you want to spool fast or slow. there’s a big difference between the .48 and .82 In how the turbo acts. As far as hp gos the 60 trim should Be able to get you to 500 but At 30 psi. in other words you would need to put all the springs in the wastegate lol. In my opinion I would go with an borg Warner or pte turbo over the 60 trim. theres Not that much difference in price. but that’s just my opinion
Okay thanks! Helped a lot!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is the rest of your car ready for 500…?

I have a common turbo, but a good one.. good for around 525 hp on Ethanol..

Garret gt30r with a .63 hotside and it spools relatively quick.. but like mentioned above 500hp and an instant spool are not something that go together

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the rest of your car ready for 500…?

I have a common turbo, but a good one.. good for around 525 hp on Ethanol..

Garret gt30r with a .63 hotside and it spools relatively quick.. but like mentioned above 500hp and an instant spool are not something that go together
Yea I just need injectors but that’s about it. Just still deciding on a turbo kit. I’ve been looking into a garret turbo. Heard they are a reliable turbo and spool quick.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So your motor is completely stock and you want 500 hp with just injectors and a big turbo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it’s not stock like I said. I literally have everything ready my car is ready for a big turbo kit.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Order a kit from map
or
Gtx3582 or precision 6262

I just dyno’d and 500 with an evo9... complicated and very cheap

·
Registered
125 Posts
Order a kit from map
or
Gtx3582 or precision 6262

I just dyno’d and 500 with an evo9... complicated and very cheap
2 things.

He doesn't want to spend much, and he wants quick spool. Never seen a quick spooling 6262 lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts