Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says, have the set screw almost all the way in about 1/4" left and it is letting boost bleed at 7psi, should I put it in more? :readclose

any thoughts? thanks!

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I have about half of the screw out.. Im not having any problems.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me ask you this, the screw is a tensioner? so the further in the more resistance to boost release? kinda why I hate that turbonetics didnt supply ANY instructions especially on adjustments.....

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Its like with the Greddy and the HKS.Probably with no instructions also. theres no set point on this. it doesnt take that much tightening to keep the boost from leaking.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so just tighten it down more then? I will try tomorrow.....

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
You said its almost all the way in.. Id loosen it back out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
tightening the raptor to much is actually worse than it leaking boost, loosen it up a few turns run it and repeat till your holding your desired boost. And as far as the complaints about adjusting a trained monkey could complete this task all thats needed is a lil time, and a lot of boosting

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, well I tried adjusting this damn thing, monkey my ass!
I have done a LOT of modding in my day but this one eludes me, I went today and for 2 hrs tried every sort of adjustment to get this to hold. at 7psi no matter what setting it leaks boost. I have the vac lind split off the TB, I have the nipple in the top hole for vac near the adjustment screw, what else can it be?????? Any thoughts before I take it out and drive over it lol

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
You've got a block of plate right?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope plugged and capped the pink line. Is the stock surge valve causing this problem? If so Turbonetics should say that in the invisible instructions they provide or include the plate stock. I didnt want to doa block off plate till I knew I liked the new BOV. If they are capped and not in use there might be some leakage but after 7psi it releases pressure? that is weird...

·
Registered
173 Posts
your problem is u need to also cap where the stock pink line was pluged in also this may remedy the problem if not you have a boost leak from the instalation check those clamps

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
SRT4_ROCKS said:
nope plugged and capped the pink line. Is the stock surge valve causing this problem? If so Turbonetics should say that in the invisible instructions they provide or include the plate stock. I didnt want to doa block off plate till I knew I liked the new BOV. If they are capped and not in use there might be some leakage but after 7psi it releases pressure? that is weird...
thats gotta be your problem.. your boost is leaking out of the stock one. get that bop on :hi:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
boost is leaking out of the raptor....

you can hear it no problem, what does the block off have to do with the raptor leaking?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and I did cap and plug the pink and where it went.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK the adventure continues......

Called Modern Performance, they honestly DONT have a clue!
They told me to change the vac adaptor on the BOV from the closest to the top adjustment screw to the lower, tried it and no joy(this was wron anyhow according to Turbonetics)

Called Turbonetics, these guys were more laid back than Modern....he tells me to run to a vac source off the intake manifold and swap the nipple back to the top(where I originally had it) and to not use vac source off the TB, so now I have to reroute this crap!
This is ridiculous! Neither one has been much help and they really dont seem interested in finding the problem or helping me solve it, I mentioned could the valve be bad and they shrugged it off...

Well I spend mucho $$$ on parts all the time for all my cars and modern performance is not putting forth much effort, they really dont know how this damn thing works at all! Cory did leave me a message 2x and asked for an update, I call and tell him and I get ok, well let us know how it works out! WTF?

This kind of customer service who needs enemies!

I will be trying to get this damn thing to work, but I set it back up connecting the pink and such to stock and the car runs fine!
sooo.....any guru's up ther that said you NEED a BOP, that is BS according to Turbonetics, it will work either way....if all the lines are disconnected running to the stock bov/surge they are disabled....

Anyone else want to try?
If I cant get this to work I will either dump the raptor for something else that will fit or pull the thing off all together and go stock on the cold side, this is too much BS to deal with, I will NOT product test a problem for a MFG, that is what I am paying for when I buy a part!

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
If you dont have a block off plate on, you need one. Mine did the same thing. IT leaked. I now have the bop on and i held boost no problem. You need to run a vacuum source off the intake manifold. Its the strongest vacuum source in the car.

I will sum it up: BUY A BOP!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will give it a try but I would expect the ones that designed the damn thing to have a clue!

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Keep your pink line attached until you get the bop. Also buy some copper rtv sealant for a gasket for the bop. Dont use the paper one. You can buy the rtv at autozone or any other parts store.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts