Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wellll hey HemiD

Mopar makes an LSD and it Can be put on this SRt-4 from a master tech @my dealer. I'll let you know when the Part number is realized and in the system. Imagine Lsd, and a better Launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
295 Posts
OOOOOOOps

I meant the Info is from a master tech he communicates with a brother in law that he says works in Belvedere in Ill. I hope he is right anyway Peace!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I never launched a FWD car at the track before. I managed a great 2.1 60' time with my first launch ever, street or track with my srt so the LSD is really not an issue now until maybe when get higher HP.

Hector

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
I managed a great 2.1 60' time with my first launch ever, street or track with my srt so the LSD is really not an issue now until maybe when get higher HP.

Hector
I agree, it really is necessary until you get more power. Unless you are certain your going to be doing some serious upgrading soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hemidakota said:
I need an LSD unit for the SRT-4 before taking the car to the track. Anyone sells them from MOPAR or MOPAR rep?
I agree with the other guys if you are talking about a drag strip track. More power before LSD is needed.

But if you are talking about a twisty track or autocrossing the power it has now is waay too much for the inside wheel in turns unless you really baby the throttle. So for twisties and autox an LSD is needed ASAP. I don't think DC has theirs ready for sale yet...I wonder if Quaffe or any others are close.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mopar's LSD for the SRT-4 I believe is being made by Quaife. So Mopar and Quaife's LSDs will be released relativly the same time.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More Power + Better Traction = better time

I had talked to the service manager of Cal Worthington Dodge about changing out the turbo for the STAGE III type setup but leave the CAT on for SMOG purpose.

Since we are close friends (though, I fogot he switched from Pepboys to Dodge), he will have to iinstall it to manintain the warranty. YEA BABY....goal of 300HP is coming. However, I will need a better traction system like the little Suzuki. LSD is require for high HP for better track time.

Now, I am still in search for a LSD.

Though, I am still not happy with the JL Audio setup that was done this week. Went back to the sound shop and scheduled for another appoinment to remove the seal JL box for a custom truck box with a higher amp. Friday drop off and may solve the bass problem with some new liner and customize ported box.

However, if anyone can get the info and part number, so I can have the dealer install it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I suggest you call Quaife directly. I couldn't get QuaifeUSA.com to work. However, http://www.quaife.co.uk/ is working.

Might drop them an email and see if they will give you the straight scoop.

I would love to have one of their sequential 6 speed trannys.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
you might not get to 300hp. the ecu is programed for a catless pipe. putting in the cat and restricting the airflow might screw with the stage III settings.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
and the cat would be toasted rather quickly

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't know enough about the stock cat to speak intelligently about it. I know it is restrictive because of its size.

However, companies like Random Technologies make large free flowing cats that will easily handle 300 HP plus with little additional backpressure.

Anyone who doesn't want to be constrained by DCX's stage system will have lots of good parts to make 300+ HP possible.

I suspect that people serious about power will end up using programmable ECUs like those from F.A.S.T., Autronic, Simple Digital, AEM, etc. Mopar Performance will have the advantage of plug and play, but you have to do it their way. Warrantee will be an issue for the Stage I customers, but once you get to Stage III you throw all that out the window. Warrantee is a less compelling reason to stay with Mother Mopar if big power is your game.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
PB Pod said:
However, companies like Random Technologies make large free flowing cats that will easily handle 300 HP plus with little additional backpressure.
i wasnt saying that a cat-pipe couldnt make 300 hp, but with the ecu that comes with stage III, if you add a cat you wont see the 300hp. the ecu was designed with a competely free flowing exhaust. if you throw something in there it will restrict the exhaust flow.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The 3" highflow cat I installed on my car should work out well. The thing is huge inside. The whole length of the cat does not have the honey comb in it. The honey comb is only in the (aprox) first 4" of the cat and the last 4". I am sure a 3" cat will work great with the stage III with very little power lost issues. I think pvo will have a 2.5" system. I can always make a 3" Dp with a 3" cat that will reduce down to a 2.5" to fit there system.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exhaust Depot said:
The 3" highflow cat I installed on my car should work out well. The thing is huge inside. The whole length of the cat does not have the honey comb in it. The honey comb is only in the (aprox) first 4" of the cat and the last 4". I am sure a 3" cat will work great with the stage III with very little power lost issues. I think pvo will have a 2.5" system. I can always make a 3" Dp with a 3" cat that will reduce down to a 2.5" to fit there system.
I have that setup on my little Swift GT. I had to repalce the last racing CAT to pass SMOG ONLY TEST here in California. It was 3 in and 3 out. It was reduce to 2.5 to match the mandrel bent piping.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Actually I can see that happening on an extreme setup being that the mixture of the system could be running richer than normal. Also the higher boost levels tend to cook the core.

On my MKIV supra, i started cooking the cat when I had a stock system and I was boosting it. I know they sell a 3" downpipe with highflow cat for BPU cars(400-450HP) with stock turbos, and they never had any issues.

On the srt-4, im sure 300hp will not do anything to it. I use the same cat for the mkiv supra and it works like a charm. I also use it for teh mkiii supra as a direct bolt on and I had no complaints. ANd I offer a warrenty with it and no one is yet to make a claim.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
Exhaust Depot
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing