Dodge SRT Forum banner

46861 - 46879 of 46879 Posts

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
I'm about to park my neon away for the winter.
I really miss both of mine, especially the first one. I still may buy one once I'm done messing with the s2k.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
I really miss both of mine, especially the first one. I still may buy one once I'm done messing with the s2k.
I'm happy I've kept mine, it's still a really fun car to drive. I need to figure out what's up with my Aeroforce gauge though, it keeps going blank on me.

·
Premium Member
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46,863
Wild veteran bump has appeared :eveilgrin:eveilgrin:eveilgrin:eveilgrin <---signature Mattyice smiley. Wonder how long before the next old timing reads this :rofl:
:eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin

we are bringing it back!!!

I'm about to park my neon away for the winter.
I parked my first one in a dumpster years ago... :jester: :jester: :jester:

·
Premium Member
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46,864
We should just blame the first one on Cow, he was the one that showed up unannounced and caused the whole thing...

I want to buy another one too, maybe I will find one to make my beater after I get a useful vehicle of course. You can find a ton of them with blown engines :grimrippe

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
:eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin :eveilgrin

we are bringing it back!!!

I parked my first one in a dumpster years ago... :jester: :jester: :jester:
That sig though :rofl:

We should just blame the first one on Cow, he was the one that showed up unannounced and caused the whole thing...

I want to buy another one too, maybe I will find one to make my beater after I get a useful vehicle of course. You can find a ton of them with blown engines :grimrippe
That was one hell of a day for sure. I watch them all the time on the FB groups. Tons around the 3k range.

·
Premium Member
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46,866
That sig though :rofl:

That was one hell of a day for sure. I watch them all the time on the FB groups. Tons around the 3k range.
This thread needs more :eveilgrin in it. I figured I had to make fun of myself and make my sig as stupid as I did back in my younger days :rofl:

Yeah I see them everywhere, and every single one has quarter panel rust and a blown 1st or 3rd gear lol

hows the S2k coming along? you BMW looks nice too, I have no idea what I am going to get after my jetta but I drive at least 120 miles a day and all the way up to downtown cleveland from Canton, I need an SUV or truck (I have a company gas card haha) and then I want to get a cheap toy. Or to get something a ton of fun to drive and then buy an older 4Runner or something like that for the winter

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
This thread needs more :eveilgrin in it. I figured I had to make fun of myself and make my sig as stupid as I did back in my younger days :rofl:

Yeah I see them everywhere, and every single one has quarter panel rust and a blown 1st or 3rd gear lol

hows the S2k coming along? you BMW looks nice too, I have no idea what I am going to get after my jetta but I drive at least 120 miles a day and all the way up to downtown cleveland from Canton, I need an SUV or truck (I have a company gas card haha) and then I want to get a cheap toy. Or to get something a ton of fun to drive and then buy an older 4Runner or something like that for the winter
Thanks. The BMW is great, have some complaints but overall I'm happy with it. Hopefully it'll treat me as well as my Camry did lol. The s2000 has been a long 7 year journey that I'm still hiking away on. Car was turbocharged up until 1 year or so ago. I was going to sell the car and get a Supra or Vette but then decided to LS swap it. Bought a LS3, T56 magnum and other stuff, but then got a awesome job offer in western FL. I sold all the LS stuff to fund the move but my current job counter offered enough for me to stay. While all this was going on, the company that makes the turbo kit I sold off the s2000 was doing a crazy discount group buy, they called me, one guy wanted to get out of his spot for the buy, and asked if I was interested. Fuck yeah I was. NA is fun but I miss the power. I truly wish I had left the car alone but whats done is done. So now I'm in the process of going back turbo with a larger turbo and e85. Also ordering new front and rear bumper and getting the car repainted again properly. I kept saying I'm going to sell the car, but when I drive it, I can't let it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Kinda miss the Ohio scene since I moved to South Carolina. On a positive note Nick Wehe is down here, and I'm an hour and a half drive from Nigel at BST LOL. Haven't seen many other Neons down here though. Also this year I bought a 16 Grand Cherokee SRT to share the daily driver duty with the Neon.

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
I'm happy I've kept mine, it's still a really fun car to drive. I need to figure out what's up with my Aeroforce gauge though, it keeps going blank on me.
I also need to look into this, mine, the display tends to get almost a frosted over look, lines through it, hard to read. If it's above 80 degrees, it's near impossible to read. I don't know if they just get old (mine is 12 years old) or what, but I'm about ready to go for a different route for a scan gauge. I wonder if Aeroforce has improved them at all in the last decade?

·
Premium Member
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46,870
Thanks. The BMW is great, have some complaints but overall I'm happy with it. Hopefully it'll treat me as well as my Camry did lol. The s2000 has been a long 7 year journey that I'm still hiking away on. Car was turbocharged up until 1 year or so ago. I was going to sell the car and get a Supra or Vette but then decided to LS swap it. Bought a LS3, T56 magnum and other stuff, but then got a awesome job offer in western FL. I sold all the LS stuff to fund the move but my current job counter offered enough for me to stay. While all this was going on, the company that makes the turbo kit I sold off the s2000 was doing a crazy discount group buy, they called me, one guy wanted to get out of his spot for the buy, and asked if I was interested. Fuck yeah I was. NA is fun but I miss the power. I truly wish I had left the car alone but whats done is done. So now I'm in the process of going back turbo with a larger turbo and e85. Also ordering new front and rear bumper and getting the car repainted again properly. I kept saying I'm going to sell the car, but when I drive it, I can't let it.
Owning German cars exclusively for the past 5 years, I can tell you I doubt its going to be as reliable as the Camry haha

You S2K definitely sounds like a blast, too bad you didnt put in the LS swap, because everyone needs the japanese equivalent of a TVR :jester::jester::jester:

Kinda miss the Ohio scene since I moved to South Carolina. On a positive note Nick Wehe is down here, and I'm an hour and a half drive from Nigel at BST LOL. Haven't seen many other Neons down here though. Also this year I bought a 16 Grand Cherokee SRT to share the daily driver duty with the Neon.
You should have seen it back in the day, we were out there snappin necks and cashin checks on the street lol

I also need to look into this, mine, the display tends to get almost a frosted over look, lines through it, hard to read. If it's above 80 degrees, it's near impossible to read. I don't know if they just get old (mine is 12 years old) or what, but I'm about ready to go for a different route for a scan gauge. I wonder if Aeroforce has improved them at all in the last decade?
I think its just the nature of the LCD screens they used in those things, backlit displays have improved over the past 5 years alone let alone 10, I would email them because it doesnt show any SRT-4 support on their site anymore.

·
Premium Member
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46,871
SRT meet this Sunday!
holy hell! People are posting!? I would have gone this sunday, but I was at a the Belle Isle race in Detroit. Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure my brand new fuel pump took a shit, so the car isn't being driven. gay.
Bump for the ol' thread
BUMP! I have zero neons. :domo:
^^^ they did because people bitched and moaned that adding a hitch was impossible or at least a royal PITA.

If I had a GC:SRT that would be my last concern.
there a couple real sexy miatas down here.
I'll add myself to the list

Lessthanmike hasn't been to a get together since FF's was at QS&L.
I need to come to a meet sometime
morning yallz! :hi:
quoting all the originals for...

https://youtu.be/ykwqXuMPsoc

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
We use to have this thread moving lol. 3000 plus pages of nothing important, not included the old thread that got archived.

·
Registered
560 Posts
We use to have this thread moving lol. 3000 plus pages of nothing important, not included the old thread that got archived.
Solid Gold :readclose

:clap::clap:

First Bump of 2017!
No new pics of neons but my Miata just got all purty!
:thumbsup:

BUMP! I have zero neons. :domo:
Same :grin:

Might as well post for being an 11 year forum veteran
You will post for whatevs >:)

:hi:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
August 21st, 2014 01:17 PM

I didn't realize how long it had been since I was on the forums last! Man time flies... it still even has my old 99 R/T in the signature.
Quite a different look to the forums, include stuff to pay for. I better subscribe to this thread so I don't miss another influx of veteran posters!

·
Registered
561 Posts
August 21st, 2014 01:17 PM

I didn't realize how long it had been since I was on the forums last! Man time flies... it still even has my old 99 R/T in the signature.
Quite a different look to the forums, include stuff to pay for. I better subscribe to this thread so I don't miss another influx of veteran posters!
Same..its been YEARS lol

46861 - 46879 of 46879 Posts
About this Discussion
46.9K Replies
151 Participants
NoisufnoC
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing