Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently get a big turbo kit from AGP with BW 252 sx-e turbo (55 lbs/min flow rate).
Its still not installed.
I also have precision 39mm WASTEGATE.
Im planning to use n2mb boost box to control the boost. (i got 3 bar sensors)

What spring rate should i put in wastegate?

I have heard before that you can only push 2x more boost than rate of the spring inside the wastegate with boost controler.
Is it true?
I would like to use lets say 7 psi spring to have that kind of boost at 1st gear and also be able to push 27psi at 3rd 4th and 5th gear (probably less-gonna be running on 94 pump gas).
Is it doable? Or to achieve 27 psi i need to put 13.5psi spring?

·
Premium Member
6,825 Posts
It depends on your controller and how it is hooked up to a single or dual port wastegate.
Do you have a tune?
You should change the sensors to be 4 BAR or above for scaling the MAPs for boost and fuel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It looks to me like it has 2 ports. Its gonna be n2bm boost controler.
I got dusters base tune right now, but i will probably get custom tune.
Whats the reason to change to 4 bar sensor if im gonna be boosting in 3 bar sensor range?

·
Premium Member
6,825 Posts
It looks to me like it has 2 ports. Its gonna be n2bm boost controler.
I got dusters base tune right now, but i will probably get custom tune.
Whats the reason to change to 4 bar sensor if im gonna be boosting in 3 bar sensor range?
I am not familiar with the n2BM controller, I have always used either Greddy, HKS or eBoost controllers which use both ports and depending on how high you want to go the 7 Lb spring is fine. These other controllers has schematics that show you how they need to be plumbed to run up to 60 PSI.
My bad, I must have been thinking of something else, the 3 BAR sensors will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts