Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
srt-4 is my 1st manual tranny, so bear with me:

how does one start in these war stories here. i have no desire to engage anyone, as the two child seats in the back of my car would end up in my rear window.

anyway, do u rev the car up to x amount of rpm & just let the car go, or what? i love my car, but perhaps i'm a bit too conservative a driver for it. lol

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
First of all, I'd make sure it's well broken in first. I'm not sure how many miles you have on it, but high RPM launches on a virgin engine may cause havoc. I tried finding the thread that explained how to launch properly, but I couldn't find it. If you need a quick answer, I'd do a search on neons.org or you can wait and a few people will answer your question on here.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
it seems that people are saying a low rpm launch is best in this thing. or maybe even a from-idle-clutch-slip type launch, ya know, start letting the clutch out, get on the gas till its going good then stomp on it, take it to the top of first and hit second and go

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
i take it to 3k rpm and ride the clutch out till the wheel speed = 3krpm on the engine. This gives me a nice launceh with minimal tire spin.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I got my best runs at the track with launches at about 2200 rpm. Minimal wheelspin, very little strain on motor mounts and axles.

You really have to just practice it until you're comfortable with how it feels. A lot of the people here on the boards have experience, and that can make a big difference.

Good luck with your car, and have patience. It'll get better as you get used to it.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
it will be different at different altitudes, so the best thing to do is just practice with a broken-in engine.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
*plug mode on* Dont forget about the Fl SRT4 meet at BMP May 17th and 18th :wink: or the Mount Group buy! *plug mode off*

Anyhow yes do break it in first then listen to Raptor's advice since you are in FL

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
lol, found this thread in a search. How many miles exactly is being broken in? I have 1510 miles on right now. Although my first all out race was at 1300. Hope I'm not in trouble.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
youre fine.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Cool, I figured I was good, but this guy said I was crazy for racing already. :confused: This is what he said at the bottom of this page. Plus my kills so far on posted on this link, if ya got time check it out.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7497&perpage=&pagenumber=1

Just had to make sure, you're a total veteran here, so I'll take the final word from you, plus what the hell is a 100k mile extended warrany for? Bwhahaha :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
qwiksilvertrav
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing