Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend has been letting me mod his SRT-4 (Silver :wink: ) but anyhow i paid $2.02 for this first mod. In return i was able to make 2 units to ensure if any error occured they could be rectified quickly. So i installed the mod and spent 4 hours beating the daylights out this pooor SRT and still no ill effects. I was curious so i decided to make a change..well that did it...the computer freaked and the dreaded chime came upon us. I know all too well because my 01 ACR (Silver) had a vacuum leak at the fume canister that i could never figure out. Now we are faced with a CEL, i told him not to freak as long as it doesnt start blinking we are good. Reset the computer and left the mod on, the comp came to its senses. Mind you guys this car was making 9-10psi stock and would every now and then see 11psi if the computer felt up to it. With the mod pre CEL we managed 15-16psi and after the CEL it would only dish out 14-15psi. No complaints there, after we reset the computer it began to let us see 16-17psi more often. The BOV is more audible now, the turbo spooling up faster and is aswell more audible. Well a few weeks ago he made it out to the track with and ran a 9.0 at 78 stock then tonight it was totally different. Before he was launching at 2k per my suggestion and was bogging just a tad bit and still cutting .9xx reaction and 2.5xx+ 60'. Tonight we went out again after the mod and we know this car gained good top end but the first few runs yielded mad wheel hop and bogged gears at it could only muster up .9xx reaction and the 60' we will not get into. He was launching at 1500rpm :shock: :? then. So i said "Dude..i dont wanna sound dumb or anything but you ARE gonna have to launch from idle :shock: :shock: .." the look i got was a puzzling one on a puzzled face. Well 10 runs in for the night total best run was 9.1 at 80mph :D with .7xx reaction at 2.3xx 60'. So based on my SOTP i can attest this "Stock" SRT4 with a $1 investment is a high 13 sec car "Stock".....will have to bust out the camera next time so i can bring proof....l8r guys

·
Registered
175 Posts
is there any way to determine 1/4 times with 1/8mi times?

p.s. you got some friend there....i dont know if i would be that free with my srt-4 (err if i had one) :shock: ....but nice job with the mod :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
acr2nv said:
spent 4 hours beating the daylights out this pooor SRT
I may be reconsidering that offer to let you take mine for a spin! :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Sounds like big returns on that $2 investment. Next time you'll have to do it on the weekend and I can video it :)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Don't think you can determine 1/4 mile times from the 1/8 mile figures.

Dan, you got to have him work on those launches !! I'm an old fart and got a 2.2 60'. (Actually got a 2.145 with Daniel in the car). You also need to get him down to Bradenton with the $2 mod against my stock version... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Ryan, the 1/8 to 1/4 conversion is very close.

Dr.Who, actually it's a little funny. acr2nv was at the track when I ran the 14.0 . :D

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RUgoinup said:
acr2nv said:
spent 4 hours beating the daylights out this pooor SRT
I may be reconsidering that offer to let you take mine for a spin! :lol: :lol:
i have yet to drive one and guys if this car hooked up it would be a different story :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
NeonDan
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing