Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife said it would be ok to get a z06 vette. We have 3 new cars and only need 2. We have a paid for 2002 Accord V6, 2003 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4$19,500.00 owing,(31,500 paid) and a brand new 04 srt 4. I have 5-6k cash to help offset most of the depreciation on the cars, and I am tempted to take the plunge. However, there is still a practical side to me. I realize I will get raped on the srt trade in and might get bitch slapped a little on the Chevy. Part of me says it's ridiculous to have 3 cars and have to park one outside and why not go for the vette. The other part of me says keep the srt, sell the Chevy, and use some of the cash I will save to mod the shit out of my lil turbo.
The funny thing is that my combined payments for the Chevy and the srt are about $860.00 a month and insurance on these cars is $1500 yr. The Vette would be between $650.00 to $800.00 a month, with insurance costing $1157 a year. I would be saving money getting the vette! :eveilgrin
What a twisted way of justifying it huh.

Please give me your input.

By the way, I have two kids. But, you can turn off the passenger side airbag.

ps. I am 34 and NOT going through a mid life crisis.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
You may not be going through a mid-life crisis, but you are going through your married-man-whipping-stage. You should be able to get the Vette whether the wife says so or not. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
What the hell are you waiting for ........GO GO GO buy it .......and in a couple years when you hit your mid life crisis ....youll be way ahead of the game .......or your wife just wants you to buy it so she can divorce you, get awarded the vette by a judge and you will still have to pay for the Vette........be carefull man ...dont think it cant happen to you

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I would kill for a Z06, get it =)

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
z06 all the way bro!!!! if i could find one cheap i would trade in the srt in a second.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
The Z06 would be pretty nice...then again you could have a nice SUV too, those things are awesome in their own right...well...no...get the Z06.

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
dangerously_cool said:
The Z06 would be pretty nice...then again you could have a nice SUV too, those things are awesome in their own right...well...no...get the Z06.
I should slap you for even trying to say get an SUV over a Z06!

·
Banned
493 Posts
Went to the local Chevy dealership, the one in Palm Bay has the biggest indoor showroom in FL, or the country, not too sure. Anyway, they had a black C6 in there. That thing is so sweet!!! Gorgeous gorgeous car.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Dude you just got a golden ticket but be smart in how you use it. Tell your wife you are going to wait. The new Z06 will be out soon and then you can either get one of those....OR you will be able to get a C5 Z06 dirt cheap. Personally I'd wait on the C6 Z06. 500 horse power in a car that weighs a tad bit over 3000 lbs.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Wait for the new one ....

My wife has a ZO6 , and we love it !! But wait for the new ones , cause they are supposed to have 514 hp.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
cp980fps said:
My wife has a ZO6 , and we love it !! But wait for the new ones , cause they are supposed to have 514 hp.
Dude!! You NEED to let me play!!! Please!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts