Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is currently dead, here is the thread that explains that.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83205
I was going to get a replacement stock turbo, but I am going to upgrade anyway so I not going to throw away 250-400$.

After researching all the available aftermarket turbo upgrade options I have decided to wait for mopar S3. It makes no sense to go with a T3/T4 setup when I am half way to S3 as I already am running S2Toys.

I cannot justify spending 2000 on hardware and then possibly more on tuning/electronics/boost control. I can bolt on S3 in a few hours and make 400WHP with my current mods and forget about it, no tweaking, no dyno time, no huge ass controlers/afcs/gauges cluttering up thw dash. If I need more power I always have a handy 100 Shot ready to go. I can turn down the HP in .0523 seconds with DAB and my woman can drive the thing with no hassels or worries.

The turbo will have zero bling and could pass for stock on the street or at the track.

I will have enough power on hand to trap 130 MPH+ and run a 10 second 1/4 mile if I upgrade my clutch & bolt on slicks. I can run at the road course/autoX and get no hassles from tech about the oil feed lines or coolant overflow.

Input? Any reason to go aftermarket that I may have missed?

I don't really mind leaving the car in the garage for a month or two waiting for S3, I have another neon to drive and most of the local auto events are over.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheat_Burner said:
SRT4B - Did you get my PM about the cheap one on EBAY? It wasn't mine, I just came across it and thought I'de let you know.
yeah, thanks. after pulling the stock turbo off i can't bring myself to put it back together with that little thing on it.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
369 = Stage 3 w toys on racegas with 2.5 side exit. On stock intercooler and airbox. Open up the breathing some, add water injection, a full three inch exhaust, and a small shot of the funny gas, wala, 400.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dynoed 360+ on racegas with stock intercooler, 2.5 inch exhaust... supporting mods should be able to bring stage 3 above 400hp with ease.

·
Registered
733 Posts
glhs837 said:
haha, beat you to it :)
:bs2:

if you scroll up from the bottom, I win!

·
Registered
733 Posts
petar7408 said:
I'll call your :bs2:

and raise you :bs2: :bs2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.