Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(picks!) My Thermal Pipes

Well after weeks of waiting for the right o2 housing I finally got it. Which meens I can finally make good on those pictures I promised all of you. Well without further delay here they are.

The downpipe

More downpipe

The o2 Housing

Me wraping pipe

The o2 housing in the car

The downpipe in the car

The goods

The goods

Guys I think the whole set up (high temp spray, SS ties, and wrap) came out to around $60.00. Thats cheep for the thermal efficancy gains!!! If your looking for someone who can get this product just call P-Werks. We can get just about any DEI product for you. Believe me guys its worth it! Thank you Jon for pointing me in the right direction!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wrap!

The installation looks great :thumbsup: ! This should be a modification that every SRT owner does the results are outstanding!

Is the car ready to test yet?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boost n Juice said:
Won't these raise our already high EGTs?
Not really. Its like insulation, it is there to keep heat in the downpipe and keep the whole process of exhausting spent A/F going faster. Your not creating boost nor runing leaner due to it so EGT's should not raise at the manifold.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jon @ DEI said:
The installation looks great :thumbsup: ! This should be a modification that every SRT owner does the results are outstanding!

Is the car ready to test yet?
Yup, going to get the 100 octaine this week and tune. :thumbsup: Got the thermal temp. gun ready.

·
Banned
3,005 Posts
Ron, your car is all together? DAMN I WANNA RIDE!! Come pick me up. I'm only 15 minutes from your dang house!!! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
looks good Ron....did you soak the thermal wrap in water to make it easier to work with? just a tip for peeps thinking about doing this

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
neonrt03 said:
looks good Ron....did you soak the thermal wrap in water to make it easier to work with? just a tip for peeps thinking about doing this
Nahhhhh just used muscle. :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Boost n Juice said:
Won't these raise our already high EGTs?
NO, actually wrapping your pipes will cause the exhaust gases to exit faster (scavenging effect) and might even lower you EGTs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That looks really good, but won't that cause your pipes to mummify
and become brittle? I thought that was the forgone conclution of
thermal wraps, that they give good gains but they disindagrate your
pipes. Isn't that why people use ceramic coating, to save the pipes? :confused:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Shadow said:
That looks really good, but won't that cause your pipes to mummify
and become brittle? I thought that was the forgone conclution of
thermal wraps, that they give good gains but they disindagrate your
pipes. Isn't that why people use ceramic coating, to save the pipes? :confused:
That would be pretty hard to do with stainless steel pipes. I have seen countless stainless steel pipes wraped that have stood the test of time. Most of your mild steel guys use coatings because its a cheep cost affectave way to keep them from rotting out due to rust.

·
Registered
906 Posts
jmihalchik said:
wear gloves on install :lol:
yep... learned my lesson on first pipe... :crying: :flame: :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts