Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was getting on pretty good and top end of 2nd heard a quick 'POP' and I felt like I lost all my power...boost went from 14 to 6 or 7 and stayed there. When I let off the gas, the boost went to about -20 and there was a loud grinding noise. Now every time I get going, at or around 4K on the tach the boost will hit 12, grind loudly and sit back down at 5 and the BOV just pisses.....

WHAT"S WRONG WITH MY CAR??? Now I gotta wait until Monday...so I gotta sit a whole damn day not knowing what's wrong...

·
Registered
199 Posts
After hours of countless number crunching, eperiments, trial and error, blood, sweat, tears, elbowgrease, and good ol' american know how, I have concluded that something broke.

Lo siento mi amigo

·
Registered
450 Posts
it could be a line broke or a small puncture cuz it sounds like you blew your motor if a small line falls off

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
When ever you hear a loud POP, that is usually a sign of an intercooler hose poping somewhere. Check all ofy our large hoses. Check the two hoses off the intercooler and also check to see that yoru surge valve has the hoses on it (pink line). Check the pink line all the way to the solenoid and check the other lines that go to the solenoid too.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah it's the clutch. It's in the shop awaiting parts. Hoped to have it back by today, but I just got off the phone with them at 1130a and they still haven't gotten the parts. Hopefully by Friday I'll have it back on the street.

No specifics on what parts they ordered, but it's all in the clutch assembly. I musta fried everything! Turbo is good, the techs checked it out. The grinding noise is from the clutch.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Well at least you are getting it fixed. Are they doing it for free I hope??

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE!!!!

Figured out the problem first-hand. I did the whole "Hey I forgot something in my car" trick and spoke to the tech first hand and he showed me the bad clutch.

See the six bolt holes in the center of the flywheel? Well the bolts that go into that were loose...like 3/4 of the way out. So that threw the flywheel outta wack and slapping against the clutch..hence my grinding noise.

So...Dodge messed up, not me. He said I woulda had to loosen the bolts myself for them to be that loose. I don't remember the torque value off-hand, but it was enough to convince me that it was a manufacturer defect.

So hopefully I'll have her tonight...if not, first thing tomorrow morning!!!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I think I might have the same thing - I'm not sure. Nothing has happened yet, but after a WOT run from a stop a few days ago, now, when I downshift, and rev the engine up when the clutch is all the way in (to the floor) there is a grinding/rattling I can hear and feel in the clutch. Maybe it is the same?

I'm going to have dodge look at it tomorrow. It still runs fine - no problems - just that sounds/feel that shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SyberKhanX said:
I think I might have the same thing - I'm not sure. Nothing has happened yet, but after a WOT run from a stop a few days ago, now, when I downshift, and rev the engine up when the clutch is all the way in (to the floor) there is a grinding/rattling I can hear and feel in the clutch. Maybe it is the same?

I'm going to have dodge look at it tomorrow. It still runs fine - no problems - just that sounds/feel that shouldn't be there.
I would seriously get that looked at...that's the same symptoms I had.

·
Registered
534 Posts
if you want to get rid of your car out of frustration...I get first dibs!

Glad to hear its getting fixed...i was scared someone hit you when i first saw the post. It will all be better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.