Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I arrive at the dealership and I see the blk & red SRT-4's side by side fully detailed. My first impression was shock, I had no idea these cars looked soo nice in person. I've seen sports cars before and these cars scream sports car. The quality of the interior (though quite small) was way above my expectations, my wife's (who previously bad mouthed it) as well.

As most of you know, I didn't know which color I was gonna wind up with because Grunge has first color pick. Before we got there I told him I wouldn't mind if he took my red one, but as soon as I pulled in and saw them I said to myself 'he's gonna take the red one' and I was SOO regretting my offer. So I had to go to extremes at that point and put fake cat poop on the floor mat to dissuade him when he came to check out the red and it worked, he choose the black instead. :lol:

So they made me take a salesman on the test drive so he could see how it rode. I sat in the seat and my legs rested on top of the bottom bolsters which wasn't quite comfy, but the rest of the seat was great especially the head rest although it does obstruct your view when looking back. The ride quality was nice and the exhaust was no where near as loud as I anticipated. The power was right where I expected it to be although it felt much faster leaving the dealership after it was mine. :wink: If the shifter is a short throw, I'd hate to see a long throw! :shock: The ball didn't really bother me because my 99 Mustang GT 35th Ann Edition had the same one. Tires/wheels were very nice but way too small especially when looking at the car parked in my garage.

Overall I am thrilled with the car, and any of you are considering buying another car instead of this one, DON"T do it until after you see one person.

Well, after I got home we ordered a pizza but before I hung up I told him not to deliver it, I'd come & get it instead. :lol: And sure enough, as I get out of the car some guy says to me "Is that an SRT-4?"

It has begun! :lol:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I shall remind myself to order pizza when I get my srt-4 and I'll pick it up instead.

:lol: :lol: 8) 8)

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dude you just dont begin to understand...i have been in a few of them already and you can just look around as you drive when you see the reactions.....shock comes to mind..why cause no one believed Dodge was serious about making a 215hp Neon that kicks some serious ass and still gets the grocery shoppin done...it was funny to be in an SRT4 as rapings of a few cars was being handed down with the AC *cough* RSX Type S*cough* on :roll: :wink: :twisted:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
So far, I haven't noticed many looks, but the lot I park in at work usually has Vipers, Ferraris, Porsches and Hummers all the time, so that might be the reason. I'm still getting used to the seat, but it's not that it's uncomfortable, it's just different. I want to give it a week before I write my impression of it. The cockpit feels a little smaller than my Sentra and I did bang my head getting out of it the first time. So far, I've just driven to work and around the neighborhood. I'm impressed with the power and I haven't even stomped on it yet (Which I won't do until it is broken in). Just a question, but does anyone else get a weird sensation when you sit in the SRT 4? I've been on a natural high all day. It reminds me of the time I pulled an all nighter and didn't realize there was a limit on how many Vivarin you can take at one time. I feel light-headed like I'm buzzing but I'm at work so it's hard to concentrate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Dont worry ....after 2 weeks , shifting at 4K dont cut it no more.
You will develop lead foot!!

BTW, on an off topic...look at this:
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86666

I believe we need to hurry up and start putting the smack down on these guys.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
yeah everytime I go to the local hang outs. I can hear them saying "there goes the SRT-4!!!" and they all look and stare. Its great :lol:

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Man you guys are sooo lucky. It's just so annoying that the dealers don't know when they'll be getting these cars [NY here]. But like I said, I don't care at all what color(s) they get, as long as there is no price mark-up or a very small one. I could always counter and say that I'd just rather get one shipped from Florida or Cali where some dealers are selling them under MSRP, and [hopefully] they'd bargain [Anybody else bargain? If so, what's the best method?]. Yes I go to bed dreaming about my friends reactions when I get it, because I haven't told most of them yet, so it'll be a shocker. Keep having fun, and I'll keep dreaming. Lol.

- Khryz.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
cali said:
Dont worry ....after 2 weeks , shifting at 4K dont cut it no more.
You will develop lead foot!!

BTW, on an off topic...look at this:
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86666

I believe we need to hurry up and start putting the smack down on these guys.
Come on guys, if you're going to run someone, at least pick something you can beat. I'm not sure who this was. I doubt it was Raptor and I'm not sure who else would be out in Brandon. I'm hoping it's a made up story because I hate to think there is an SRT 4 owner out there who revs his engine and points to the hood and then is a poor sport after he loses. lmao. :lol:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
you see my replies :wink: :roll: i think i used the term "bench racers" cause thats all they do cut down, talk trash about and look down on anything that their click doesnt seem worthy. I dont put up with that crap and i dont wish garbage like that be brought to our boards...lets keep our boards from turning into that dump.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I see your point, but on the other hand, nothing is gained by arguing with them. No one on here likes it, when they post a "kill" and then someone comes along and bashes/criticises it. It's the same on other boards when someone posts a kill. No matter if it really happened or not, trying to give them the "real" story won't change their minds and it will only encourage flames. Yes, I agree the guy's post is cocky and it sounds a little embellished too. I say let them have their ignorance is bliss attitude. Nothing you can say will suddenly enlighten these people. They are living in their own world. We will accept the fact that the world is round. Let them be content with their flat one. :lol:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
good point...it shows by the 7356921480 :roll: page post about another Z28 vs SRT4 race that i witnessed and was sooooo embellished. At any rate i'll agree with Grunge

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

Ok, I was a bad boy tonight. :shock:

I showed up at my brothers' (2) house in the SRT-4, and needless to say, they flipped when they went outside and saw it. So I took them for a ride and I stayed in it up to 5K rpm's in 2nd & 3rd. I had 401 miles on it at that point and I couldn't stand shifting at 3,500-4000 rpm's anymore, plus the manual says to drive it moderately until 300 miles.

Well now I finally realize what the fuss is all about, this car pulls like mad! It was only making 12 lbs of boost, but that was enough to impress my brothers & myself. The 12lbs was probably due to the cold weather. I can't wait for more boost! 8)

I also took some turns and hit the brakes hard for the first time, and I'll tell ya, this car is the total package. Superb looks, power, handling, & braking, all for under $20k.

After taking my brothers for a ride they both said "I gotta get one of these." Hopefully they'll do it, 3 SRT-4's in the family aint to shabby!

I take back my comment on the exhaust no being as loud as I anticipated. I had my brother rev it up a little with me standing next to the pipes and the back pressure sounded a whole lot louder from the outside.

Oh yeah, 2 guys in an Orange '03 350Z gave me the thumbs up yesterday while cruising, then they asked if I could pull over to let them check it out. They were saying something to the effect of "I just paid 30 grand for mine and you got all of these goodies for 19 grand! :shock: They were also blown away by the size of the IC. :)

BTW guys, I don't care to hear the comments like "You should've waited longer before taking it to 5k," blah, blah, blah! It's my car, and I'll deal w/ the consequences, if there are any. :wink:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Re: Update

RUgoinup said:
The 12lbs was probably due to the cold weather. I can't wait for more boost! 8)
I call BS, cold weather in FL? :lol: :lol: Congrats on the car.

JC

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice kill.

There's no problem with breaking the car in hard. I broke my car in hard, and look at how well it did on the dyno.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
401 miles, you are pretty well done with break-in.

It wasn't me in Brandon, and I haven't seen another SRT out this way (except when we met with Second Chance).

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Re: Update

RUgoinup said:
BTW guys, I don't care to hear the comments like "You should've waited longer before taking it to 5k," blah, blah, blah! It's my car, and I'll deal w/ the consequences, if there are any. :wink:
YOU SHOULD HAVE WATED LONGER!!!!!!! LOL :D I AM SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!! soon I will brag too. congrats RU

·
Registered
4,492 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Aw poor guy :roll: :D

But i did hear that it snowed in florida in the winter. is this true? it would be funny to see a pic of palm trees covered with snow

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the congrats fellas! :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts