Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah! It sucks air into an eager turbo engine to rip a huge smile on my face even when no one is around looking!

After my long drive from the Florida, where's my take on our car.

INTERIOR

Seats - I love the way the seats look and feel! I thought they were ugly and too cheap when I saw them in pictures. The back seats are nice! Love 'em! I have not had the chance to seat at the back but my brother says they are very comfortable and roomy, too. The front seats hug well. The driver seat fit me well. If I get fatter, I might have to get rid of them (and maybe my fat, too). I just have to get used to operating the car with these seats. I have an odd time finding a comfy place for my elbows. The way the seat is designed, I have hard time resting my right elbow on the mid console. Getting in and out of the front seat is a bit of a pain. (I'm 5'-5") I have to tilt the seat back to get in and out. I find myself looking for the "oh-shit" handles to help me up and out. On long drives (like 900 miles trip or shorter), I found that blood flow on my right leg cuts off. It would be nice if the seats are height-adjustable so my knees would not end up too close to the front panels. I don't find the seats distracting when looking over my shoulder on either sides.

Instruments - Everything is right there within my reach and view. They glow nicely at night. The silver trim around the knobs and CD player are far better than I thought they were. Sound system has some extra bass there when I want it.

Mirrors - The side mirrors are easy enough to adjust. They are also big enough for my needs. I really like the Rear View mirror as well. I could see much of the rear clearly. (The view of the wing is nice! Things I need to see are under it and above the wing are just the trees and the sky.) The lights under it are very practical. I wish that the wire that goes to the back of the Rear View mirror was tucked and routed nicer.

View - Much of everything out there I can see clearly. The only thing that distracting is the left front column during left turns. It blocks my view just a tad. When I turn my head to look at the right side, I could see the wing and perceives it as a car/truck that is fairly close to the rear. It's another thing to get used to.

Sound level - Wind noise is a bit quieter than my previous Neon. On smooth pavement, road noise fairly quiet. On rougher surfaces the tire/road noise is a bit loud. In either case, I was surprise that it's quieter than the 2001 BMW 325ci (with top down).

Shifter/Knob - The knob fits nice and comfortably. It's nice...if I don't look at it for more than one minute. I mean, I could see the line where the pieces they used to mold it met. Also, the skirt of the shifter needs to stay up. It keeps sliding down. Perhaps strong glue would fix that. Didn't this car come with short-shifter? It feels like it throws farther than my 2k Neon. I could shift my old car with wrist alone. Not the same case with my SRT-4. Also, shifting is a bit crude but solid. I just need to work it a tad to get to 2nd gear. Running through the gears feels solid.

Emergency Brake - It's nice and right where I expect to look for it. The only thing is that, once in a while when pulling it, it gets caught on something hard that I could see the handle being pushed to the right as I pull. Something is not right in there.

Windows - Crank rear windows are no issue. I barely need them operated on while driving.

Interior Materials - Sorry haters but it does not feel like a rental car at all. You can prove me wrong all you want.

EXTERIOR

Looks - Nice and aggressive looking! I love the way it looks! It could use a bit of lowering. My brother says the wheels look really nice when they are moving. Wide body kit would be nice. But like I said, the car looks nice and aggressive...even with a cross-eyed look. At times, the car gives a bit of an intimidating character. Nice!

Exhaust - When I first turned the car, I was shocked of how it sounded. My brother and I stood there for a while, then looked at each other and said "I like it!!!". I guess we were making sure that it did not sound ricey. On normal driving I found it pleasing to hear that I even turned my sound system off just so I could enjoy the sound. When pushed hard, it s bit loud inside, but it's a good "loud" kinda' thing. I love the way it rambles! I could imagine that it would annoy the neighbors if I just rev it around my neighborhood.

All in all, I love the car! I have some wishes but all the things I like are in there. I have yet to get negative comments from people who have seen it. I am very pleased and satisfied. 8)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pinche Gringo said:
A review, well done! Just a few more weeks to receive mine! I'm doing the paper this coming week!
If you have not seen one in person, prepare for a long big smile. It's all good. Share us your thoughts of it once you get yours.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hemidakota said:
Whoa, what a review....maybe someone at PVO need to rethink of adding a power rack for the drivers seat.
It's not an issue during short drives. But in longer ones, I found myself wiggling my butt to find a comfy spot. I think if I wa a bit taller, it might be better since my legs/thighs would not be flat plastered on the seat. But then, my knees might be too close to the front panels.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Nice review, but you forgot one very important category, ENGINE/POWER! :wink:

·
Registered
161 Posts
SilverBullet said:
Pinche Gringo said:
A review, well done! Just a few more weeks to receive mine! I'm doing the paper this coming week!
If you have not seen one in person, prepare for a long big smile. It's all good. Share us your thoughts of it once you get yours.
You CAN COUNT ON IT!! I'll keep everyone posted! I'll have about a 600 mile trip home.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i'll fill in since i have about 500 miles on mine now. the engine is amazing! even out of boost!

just think OMG 1000 times. that is all.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
although i dont own one ive been in a few now and even passenger walk away with a "Woooah NOW THATS A RUSH to ride in!" look on their faces as they get out...trust me i do it every time :wink:

btw i hope you guys love the quote..i did

·
Registered
73 Posts
Damn it, why did you do that. That really drives me crazy...

Why you ask??????

Because me and many others on this site do not have the opportunity to experience the car in depth as you have explained.

It hurts....

Reading that just made me want to go out and look out the window and just imagine an SRT sitting there in the driveway.

Then reality sets in, and there is NO SRT there.
I wish, I hope, I want..........SOOON.

All in all, a good review, just wish I could have the same experience.......

·
Registered
180 Posts
SilverBullet said:
It's not an issue during short drives. But in longer ones, I found myself wiggling my butt to find a comfy spot. I think if I was a bit taller, it might be better since my legs/thighs would not be flat plastered on the seat. But then, my knees might be too close to the front panels.
I don't think it has anything to do with your height, because I have the same problem and I'm 5'10". I think the front (thigh) part of the seat is too high. It causes my legs to be angled up when they need to be angled down to reach the pedals. On long trips it makes my legs uncomfortable too.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
im 5'6" i have to tilt the seats back also :lol:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mike B. said:
SilverBullet said:
It's not an issue during short drives. But in longer ones, I found myself wiggling my butt to find a comfy spot. I think if I was a bit taller, it might be better since my legs/thighs would not be flat plastered on the seat. But then, my knees might be too close to the front panels.
I don't think it has anything to do with your height, because I have the same problem and I'm 5'10". I think the front (thigh) part of the seat is too high. It causes my legs to be angled up when they need to be angled down to reach the pedals. On long trips it makes my legs uncomfortable too.
You are right on this -->> "I think the front (thigh) part of the seat is too high"

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RUgoinup said:
Nice review, but you forgot one very important category, ENGINE/POWER! :wink:
Right here --->>> "...into an eager turbo engine to rip a huge smile on my face even when no one is around looking!"

Also, I'll leave much of that part alone for the ones who have not gotten their SRT-4 yet. It's the best part of the whole thing so I'd wait 'til everyone gets their SRT-4. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
QUIT TEASING MAN YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!! But nice review man you are just adding nail after nail to the coffin...Now as far as leg room guys i am a skinny runner 6'2" so how comfortable will driving one of these be...Also is there any thing like around the clutch pedal to get my big ass 13 size shoe stuck on...I have drove many corvette's and i found myself constantly moving my foot down because there wasnt enough foot space...So if anyone could take a picture of teh foot space i would appreciate it....

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Freeway Flasher said:
QUIT TEASING MAN YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!! But nice review man you are just adding nail after nail to the coffin...Now as far as leg room guys i am a skinny runner 6'2" so how comfortable will driving one of these be...Also is there any thing like around the clutch pedal to get my big ass 13 size shoe stuck on...I have drove many corvette's and i found myself constantly moving my foot down because there wasnt enough foot space...So if anyone could take a picture of teh foot space i would appreciate it....
I was looking the other night and I think there's plenty of room down there to move your foot around. I would not say the same if it was the mini.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I was struttin bye (yes struttin) the local Dodge dealer ship and wanted to see one in person. I spent a good 10 minutes checking the outside and noticed the door was unlocked (normally the door is locked which is a ploy for you to ask the dealer to open the door so they can start the sales pitch)
I sat in the car for a brief look see and was very impressed with the interior (a hudge upgrade from previous neons IMHO) I popped the hood to look at the Engine and was actually supprised. The car screams power. So As I start at the engine examin the Intercooler and try to figure out how they are going to make a Cold air Intake for it Mr Salesman pops over. Fortunantly for me he appears to be a rookie and a racer to boot. He starts the conversation with "Want to take her for a spin?", with out trying to be supprised I said "Why not". I cannot explain the rumble that eminates from the exhaust you must experience it your self I spent almost 900 bucks on my exhaust and the sound on the SRT-4 is closer to a Rod than Rice. I will not go into graphic details on the experience of the ride i employ anyone interested in this car to test drive it your self. It is an awesome experience. If it had not been for the fact I was driving my Companies car that day I would have traded my car on the spot and signed on the dotted line right there and then.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
16 Participants
ohyeahwright
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing