Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2004 SRT4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this silver one owner up in Norwich Connecticut and drove it home to Colorado! 38,000 miles and unmolested. I regretted selling my stock Orange Blast and the guy I sold to wasn’t interested in selling back.

After owning a Volvo C30 for five years I got used to the turbo spooling up right away, no need to go for broke to get the turbo hit. Has anyone had the same experience or is this just “old man talking”?

I must say I was spoiled by the 6 speed shifter in the volvo, slick! Any thoughts on improving the feel of the stock shifter (not interested in short throws, just better feel) Back in the 1990s Ford upgraded the SHO from a cable to rod shifters, but MOPAR took the bean counter route.

· Premium Member
2004 Dodge SRT4 - 1 of 127 SY
2,714 Posts
Need pics!

Try a maddog shifter, I think it’s the best.

If the car is stock try a stage 1 pcm and it’ll give more oompf from the turbo. A catless exhaust helps a lot too.

Reactions: snobrdrdan2

· Registered
2004 SRT4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not looking for more oomph, just want the boost to come on earlier without needing nearly full throttle. The SRT4 hits hard and late. Newer turbos are more linear. Is this controlled by the ECU or vacuum?

· Premium Member
2004 Dodge SRT4 - 1 of 127 SY
2,714 Posts
It’s vac with the wastegate. The stage 2 wga will allow more partial throttle boost. But once that wga opens the boost will hit pretty hard just because it’s such a small turbo and spools instantly.

· Registered
67 Posts
I was skeptical just like you, my friend, based on what I read on the description on Modern and people’s comments.

I bought it because my OEM looked haggard, and not to make shifts smoother. But I honestly felt a difference after having 0 expectations that it would help my already good shifting car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts