• Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, it's not as big of a deal as it sounds...but the more i look at pictures, the more i can't decide between yellow and black. originally i had my heart set on black, but the yellow is getting to be more and more appealing, especially after i saw one in person at NAIAS....here are my thoughts

BLACK:

Pros:
  • My original choice.
    Looks sexxxy as hell for the first 10 mins after it gets washed.
    The black body w/ red calipers sets off a nice color scheme.
    Doesn't stand out to police.
    [/list:u]

Cons:
    • Black paint requires extra TLC (which i'm willing to give).
      Any scratches, swirls, nicks, dents, etc. etc. etc. will stand out (DC undercoat is a white/grey color).
      If you look at the front of a black SRT-4; the grill, scoop, and nostrils (lack of better word) are very undefined.
      I drive a black car now, and looking at its finish (it has 115+k miles) i know what happens after years of daily driving.

YELLOW:

Pros:
      • Lighter color is easier to take care of.
        Wouldn't require a daily wash.
        Yellow is more of a screaming, "look at me" sports car color.
        My buddy's bright colored camaro hides paint imperfections.
        The front end becomes more defined, showing definate lines from the grill, scoop, and nostrils.[/list:u]

Cons:
        • Yellows is more of a screaming, "look at me, give me a ticket" sports car color.
          Although the color is cool, it might get "old" after a few months.
          When i think about the yellow w/ red calipers i think Ketchup and Mustard :wink:

So basically i'm torn, i dont know which one i want. the yellow draws attention, which is both good and bad for this car...i dunno, leave me some comments to help me decide

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
NoisufnoC said:
Saving all my $ for a Black 2003 SRT-4...maybe w/ a Stage I too...
Seems like you already made your mind up, according to your sig. :lol:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Black is sexy. It looks more powerful, meaner, roudy. It needs lots of love, and (or but) attracts less attention. Black highlights the brakes, intercooler, and exhaust.

Yellow screams, well, look at me. You'll get this anyway, black or yellow, but more so in yellow. Yellow cars are harder to sell. Yellow isn't sexy. Yellow hides the performance parts a little, and expresses the body kit.

I'd say black if you want a mean car, and yellow if you want extra attention.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Looks like I got to stick up for yellow, yet again!! :twisted:

If you like SWIRLS, get black :evil: .
If you like seeing the faintest of scratches, get black :evil: .
If you like your car looking dirty after 1 day of cleaning it, get black :evil: .

I HAD a Black 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it (color) really frustrated me. I'm real anal about scratches, dings and swirls and BLACK shows it all!! That color just drove me crazy. (I know....short drive!) This is just my .02 on the color.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Well, I'm hoping the dealer gets in more than the 2 he has invoices for. My first choice was black, but now after all this discussion, I'm considering other choices. It would be nice if he got all 4 colors so I could see them together, but I doubt that will happen. (Don't worry, RUgoinup, I'm not taking your red) Just when I thought all I had to do was wait for the car to arrive, you all have me second guessing my color choice. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I have to go with black, I love the way it disappears in my driveway at night. Plus, it doesn't attract attention, but gets a lot of double takes. Plus, it looks evil, I am going to start training my kids to say "Lord Vader, your car is ready"

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a black car...so unfortunately...I know all to well its downfalls. I told myself I wouldnt get another black car for awhile...it just bothered me way to much to see the swirl marks and scratches. I love the black SRT...but I just dont think I wanna go through that again.

Yellow is also amazing..I am really considering that too. However, I too am afraid of getting tired of it after a few months. Then again...I never get tired of seeing my friends yellow type R...still looks really good.

Silver looks good...but it seems like 80% of the cars on the road are silver...its just kinda plain.

Red looks cool...I like it a lot. However, I dont know if I could commit to a red car.

I have never had a problem picking out my favorite color on a car until now... :evil:

I will probably just go with the silver...its the safest color. However, I kind of want a flashy, dangerous color (I normally play it safe).

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you live for detailing your car, then get black. If you live for driving your car and your time is limited, then get yellow...I did 8)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I don't really mind what color(s) my dealer gets. I'd take either of them. However, the point of chosing between them is just horrible. There's a yellow SXT at my school, and it looks pretty good, but just too bright and the fact that everyone will be noticing you all the time is kind of freaky. The red would be a great color because people would mistaken it as a "little brother" to the Viper, and with a few viper-mods, like with a GTS-R-style wing, projector headlights, etc -- it'll look really cool. Silver is just the ultimate sleeper, and people will mistake it for a regular, neon -- or just any car because like someone said earlier, most of the cars are silver. Black is just, I think, the best color. Very muscular, and evil -- and I would want to scare the sheezy out of anyone who I roll up behind, when they hear the mufflerless exhaust they turn around and see a black beast rattling them to pieces. :D

$.02

·
Registered
65 Posts
have to agree with khryz to some extent. Red is always a sexy car color but I really haven't seen a lot of them around. I'm a big fan of yellow because it just seems the natural color for the car. I think that most cars have a color that just feel's right. For instance, a Supra in blue, an RX7 in red, a WRX in silver. It just seems like they are supposed to be that color.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, i'm starting to lean back to black. after washing my black car and seeing just how good they can look...i wouldn't mind getting another one. i just have to give it the TLC it needs :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I love black, I have a black car and yellow truck. The black still looks good BUT swirl marks(UGLY), Yellow still looks great, no swirl marks.
If I had to do it all over again, I would NEVER get a black car(My personal experience, no flames)
Yellow is the car I want and the color I will get, someday, soon I hope, maybe summer, hell I dont know when......

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well, I have a red one, having owned almost every cool color (silver black yellow and now RED) IMO the red one looks mean. the paint is not like a cute red on jettas or civics. Red stands out but who cares?? learn your speed traps!! I have run into a couple of police officers and got thumbs up from both!!! they love it, I think its the rice that gets stopped because cops see and know what those cars are. ANyway the yellow is the bomb too!! it's like the color associated by dodge whenever the srt-4 is shown.!! get yellow or black. I plan on getting a seond srt-4 either a silver or a yellow. Black on these cars shows ANYTHING!!! later

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Adamsdell said:
I love black, I have a black car and yellow truck. The black still looks good BUT swirl marks(UGLY), Yellow still looks great, no swirl marks.
If I had to do it all over again, I would NEVER get a black car(My personal experience, no flames)
Yellow is the car I want and the color I will get, someday, soon I hope, maybe summer, hell I dont know when......
this is why I painted the Rustang from Black to Yellow. The car needed a constant cleaning for Southern Cali environment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing