Dodge SRT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
any idea if 11.8" would fit in there? i rolled my fenders and my car's sitting pretty low ... i could raise it if need be, i have coilovers ... the only thing i'd have to worry about is clearing the strut/coilover, right? i wonder what offset rim i'd have to get to get these to fit

i'll have to do some research ....

thanks for the help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
any idea if 11.8" would fit in there? i rolled my fenders and my car's sitting pretty low ... i could raise it if need be, i have coilovers ... the only thing i'd have to worry about is clearing the strut/coilover, right? i wonder what offset rim i'd have to get to get these to fit

i'll have to do some research ....

thanks for the help :thumbsup:
If you can fit the BAD BOY under your car,you would be THE MAN.

John
M&H

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
any idea if 11.8" would fit in there?
okay, maybe my calculations are off...

a Falken Azenis RT-615 tire in 315/30R18 has a tread width of 11.7"

i dont think those are going to fit....

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
okay, maybe my calculations are off...

a Falken Azenis RT-615 tire in 315/30R18 has a tread width of 11.7"

i dont think those are going to fit....

i think my 245-40-17's are 9.8" wide or something close to that ... just under 10"

i think with the right offset rim i could possibly get an 11.8" tire to fit in there ...

i think this calls for a pm to stowaway and evo77 :grimrippe

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i think my 245-40-17's are 9.8" wide or something close to that ... just under 10"

i think with the right offset rim i could possibly get an 11.8" tire to fit in there ...

i think this calls for a pm to stowaway and evo77 :grimrippe
PM me when you are ready.:thumbsup:

John
M&H

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
If you can fit the BAD BOY under your car,you would be THE MAN.

John
M&H
u guys need to step up and make a DR in smaller sizes and for bigger wheels for sport compacts, the only ones making a DR in a size between 205 and 235 for 17" and up wheels, is BF Goodrich, but they are in back order right now until sometime next year, the next smallest size is 245 from nitto.

now that bf g's are in backorder if someone was to fill that product void, they would make a killing.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
u guys need to step up and make a DR in smaller sizes and for bigger wheels for sport compacts, the only ones making a DR in a size between 205 and 235 for 17" and up wheels, is BF Goodrich, but they are in back order right now until sometime next year, the next smallest size is 245 from nitto.

now that bf g's are in backorder if someone was to fill that product void, they would make a killing.
Im with him. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Good news on this setup I think I will get a set in the late winter early spring.

On the topic of drag radials, did anyone really like the results of the drag radial on the SRT-4? I had a set and IMO it was not worth the effort and expense. I think DOT's would be right for me......just curious if its just me.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
I would go for a set of DRs in 17". Instead I went with Falken RT-615's though. Figured 1. they will fit and 2. they are good for normal driving.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
what he said....

i've got a set of 16x7's laying around the need rubbers.

I'm in the same boat myself..I have some 16x7 ssr comps to match my 17's. The only tire that would fit are some Hoosier Quick Time Pros.The size is
26x9.5x16.

This is the only dot tire that will come close to fitting a srt4 with 16's.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good news on this setup I think I will get a set in the late winter early spring.

On the topic of drag radials, did anyone really like the results of the drag radial on the SRT-4? I had a set and IMO it was not worth the effort and expense. I think DOT's would be right for me......just curious if its just me.
I liked the results of bf drag radials, 225/45/17. A tire is only as good as the person behind the wheel though..I have been 11.7's on mine..:wah?!:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Yeah the 60' does own me big time for sure. I'm thinking that dots would be more worth the effort to use for the results then the DR's though.

I have 17' SSR's as well and would like to keep the look. So I should be hunting for a pair of 16' SSR's to get with these DOT's or did I mis read things?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Yeah the 60' does own me big time for sure. I'm thinking that dots would be more worth the effort to use for the results then the DR's though.

I have 17' SSR's as well and would like to keep the look. So I should be hunting for a pair of 16' SSR's to get with these DOT's or did I mis read things?

Thats correct..I was going to sell my two 16 inch ssr's but since I found the hoosiers qtp's.I'm going to keep them.

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
I think a group buy on these would be sweet. I am just worried I am gonna buy the 235-60-15 and have them rub. I am dropped on Tein S-Techs. I really want something that will hook on the street because I am tired of the spinning in 3rd gear even. All I really need is something to hook in 2nd gear that is street legal. What kind of PSI in the tires do you run on the street with these?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I'm in the same boat myself..I have some 16x7 ssr comps to match my 17's. The only tire that would fit are some Hoosier Quick Time Pros.The size is
26x9.5x16.

This is the only dot tire that will come close to fitting a srt4 with 16's.
my 26x10.5x16 ET STREETS seem to fit pretty alright on my 16's

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
my 26x10.5x16 ET STREETS seem to fit pretty alright on my 16's

I think 10.5's would be too wide for me..Take a pic of your car with the tires mounted. I would like to see how they look.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just ordered me a pair of these, i'll post some pics and the results once i get them in and put on.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts