Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night a was driving down the highway in front of my friend who has a Blue '04. We were going very fast when the left rear of my moonroof popped open. I almost crapped myself because I thought the glass broke or something. Well anyways, the rear guide on that side came off (or something) and the window wouldn't close completely or open completely. I fixed it when I got home by removing the screws securing the left side of the glass to the rail, and closing the roof.

Anyone else have problems like this?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Very fast, indeed, grasshopper:) Most reported cases of this happen above 120 somewhere:) Do be careful:) I cannot IMAGINE the result of a moose strike at those speeds!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
yes ,its common for sunroof's to do so...

there is a big thread on it in problem/service section... but yea, nothing can be done short of buying a car w/o one :)

they are nice, but i will never buy one

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
sik, there is no "shutdown", it's drag limited a lot of folks have seen upwards of 155.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
(looks around for tomatoes to throw out of insane jelousy)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I would assume that if you slightly cracked the sunroof, you could dramatically decrease the ammount of pressure on it! The only reason that it would pop is because the pressure above the car is less that the pressure inside the car...So by cracking the roof, you will allow air to move back and forth between the two, thus creating less drag. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
minez is all fixed..........

I had mine blow off the track at about 130, due to my attempting to close it at that speed w/ all the other windows closed........since i put it back together, i leave it CLOSED at high speed, & have buryed the speedo w/ no prob.as of yet!_______5TOEZ______

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hey Mainer, that happens because of the vacuum effect inside the car at high speeds. If you had your windows rolled all the way up, that would not have happened. Also, at speeds above 70mph it is not recommended to open the sunroof and the same thing will happen.

Percy

·
Banned
3,005 Posts
ouch....

pdieppa said:
Hey Mainer, that happens because of the vacuum effect inside the car at high speeds. If you had your windows rolled all the way up, that would not have happened. Also, at speeds above 70mph it is not recommended to open the sunroof and the same thing will happen.

Percy
Percy, cute kit you got!!! did you buy him a power wheels srt-4 yet? lol jk :lol: Yea, its all cuz of the pressure. Theres a kid on CSC that I heard about that had this happen to him. Real easy fix, nothing major.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All of my windows were closed and I was venting outside air into the car through the dash. So the pressure in the caw was greater than the pressure outside.

And 155+ stock is crazy. I thought these were supposed to be electronically limited.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
nope, check early posts from the overseas gang, there's one vid posted of sustained 160ish action on the autobahn (crys in jelousy:()

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.