Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
I was going to reply to your original post but then read this. I don't see the point of you debating me if you AGREE the SRT4 platform is no longer held in high regard, in any circle, community, or magazine. Cherry picked articles will not change that, and I was not even talking about "absolutes". Everything I stated is based on COMMON (not absolute) aspects of the SRT4 regarding its launch, drawbacks, and the very well known reliability issues.

If you have a stockish SRT4, you don't know any of the problems a big turbo install entails. These other big turbo owners know exactly what I'm talking about, even though some may try to be coy about it. All your last post did was prove you are an SRT4 fan much like a sports team fan, you're defending your brand. But if you aren't a player playing the game, then stay out of the discussion because it makes you look foolish. Which is what your rant on street racing did, because I'm pretty sure almost every big turbo SRT4 owner loves to street race, especially on the highway because that's where they only have a chance against other cars.
Fine, I take back my last post.

Go fuck yourself.

You are an immature shitbag, dude. You don't even know what an "absolute" is. You are wrong about 90% of what you spout off, then you ignore where you are proven wrong and you continue to say the same shit again and again.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
there's no reason to be jealous of that car (did you think it was an AMG Mercedes or something?)....they were handing out leases of them for pennies. Most people could get one with little down @ 400-500 monthly payments; car is not unobtainable by most standards lol. I stand by my statements as well...watched a few more run 122-124 this week at the track (these are average trap speeds for sports cars in 2018; hell the C6 vette was trapping this over 10 yrs ago....just stop acting like these are earth shattering trap speeds lol) . I KNOW.....they don't exist; the cars I've been posting and have seen are all illusions.

Some of you sound like snowflakes....crying because I said 122-124 mph isn't out of the stratosphere lol. Doesn't mean I hate the car....means I don't think 122-124 is that fast (my own car went 128mph almost a decade ago lol; so sorry if your 124 car isn't blowing me out my seat).

Sorry if you thought you bought a land missile...
So high 10's and traps of 127 or so stock isn't all that fast and is rather sluggish. Got it. And please tell me where you can lease a HC for almost nothing down and 400 a month. Ooooh Memphiz...
And not illusions, your just cherry picking M6's with shit drivers. lol We're talking A8 Hellcats with a decent driver = low 10's and 127+ traps. Period end of story. A pulley and a tune and you're running 9's.

Lol my car trapped 128 stock motor...stock trans (bolt on 50t lol). But sure thing w/e you say. I really couldnt care any less
By your standards that's not really all that fast. And don't start comparing a SRT-4 to the Hellcat, that's just plain silly. A stock motor and stock trans isn't going to last all that long in most cases and not be a reliable DD. It'll grenade sooner or later with the rods most likely being the first to snap. 500 wtq put a dagger in my stock motor by throwing a rod through the block and oil pan...If you want it to be reliable you have to pull it and do the internals.
Plus that power in a SRT-4 isn't even usable on the street. Just spinning up until half way through 3rd gear. If I were to go back I would have left my stage 3 with toys stock and called it a day.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
there's no reason to be jealous of that car (did you think it was an AMG Mercedes or something?)....they were handing out leases of them for pennies. Most people could get one with little down @ 400-500 monthly payments; car is not unobtainable by most standards lol. I stand by my statements as well...watched a few more run 122-124 this week at the track (these are average trap speeds for sports cars in 2018; hell the C6 vette was trapping this over 10 yrs ago....just stop acting like these are earth shattering trap speeds lol) . I KNOW.....they don't exist; the cars I've been posting and have seen are all illusions.

Some of you sound like snowflakes....crying because I said 122-124 mph isn't out of the stratosphere lol. Doesn't mean I hate the car....means I don't think 122-124 is that fast (my own car went 128mph almost a decade ago lol; so sorry if your 124 car isn't blowing me out my seat).

Sorry if you thought you bought a land missile...
So high 10's and traps of 127 or so stock isn't all that fast and is rather sluggish. Got it. And please tell me where you can lease a HC for almost nothing down and 400 a month. Ooooh Memphiz...
And not illusions, your just cherry picking M6's with shit drivers. lol We're talking A8 Hellcats with a decent driver = low 10's and 127+ traps. Period end of story. A pulley and a tune and you're running 9's.

Lol my car trapped 128 stock motor...stock trans (bolt on 50t lol). But sure thing w/e you say. I really couldnt care any less
By your standards that's not really all that fast. And don't start comparing a SRT-4 to the Hellcat, that's just plain silly. A stock motor and stock trans isn't going to last all that long in most cases and not be a reliable DD. It'll grenade sooner or later with the rods most likely being the first to snap. 500 wtq put a dagger in my stock motor by throwing a rod through the block and oil pan...If you want it to be reliable you have to pull it and do the internals.
Plus that power in a SRT-4 isn't even usable on the street. Just spinning up until half way through 3rd gear. If I were to go back I would have left my stage 3 with toys stock and called it a day.
Cars I posted that were all 122-124 on video...were all A8s. My grandmother could drive an 8 speed automatic on a tire...

My stock motor went to 180k and would have lasted forever at the 128mph level (no I didnt think 128mph made me a land missile) had I kept the power there lol.....trans is STILL stock. I daily drove the car for 7 yrs lol.

As far as leases on your car that you feel is an AMG....

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/hellcat-lease-499-mo.62545/

40 pg thread where multiple guys explain what they paid for car. Some chumps pay more....smarter guys paid less as seen in thread. Guessing by your outrage over it....I think I get which one you were.

Car is EASILY attainable...so calm down

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hehh...... looks like this thread took off quite a bit!!! Hey listen you can build whatever car you want..... but knowing how to drive it is very important. I've seen people attempt a drift and end up wrecking their newer, expensive mustang shelby or charger SRT8's before. Rule of thumb here is street racing is a drivers race and to know how to properly handle the vehicles for safety. If you cannot handle 700+HP then dont buy car with 700+HP .

Now in all fairness to the Hellcat owner.... he has improved his driving since and added some quality tires on there now!!! So I will be on the lookout to capture some videos of him slaying the streets in the near future....

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
11 Participants
DVrec22
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing