Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Oh, in your "street racing group", goodness, do the members have time to sell your girl scout cookies on top of late night "street racing"? It is truly difficult to put in words just how fucking stupid you sound by putting together your street racing bravado while bagging on the SRT-4.

You go on a full half cocked rant about a car that costs less than half what the Hellcat costs brand new. Then you take it even further by insinuating that even built, the SRT-4 is a shitbox. That's fine, there are a good number of these "shitboxes" that will eat your car up and spit it out.

Just because you once owned one doesn't stamp your ticket to come back here and act like a shitbag simply because one person is bagging on your car. It is truly unfortunate because the Hellcat is such an awesome machine, that some of the owners are dickless wonders like yourself.

Next time you want to go full retard on a rant, try not to forget where you are doing your rant at.
You mad bro? You mad because your SRT4 is, in your own words, a "shitbox" in this day and age? It's an abandoned platform for a reason. Only beggars cling to it because they can't do any better. Who in their right mind spends money on a lost FWD platform that's proven itself to be worthless in any meaningful race?

You know what I mean by a "meaningful" race? How about a race from a dig? Why are you and other SRT4 owners scared of dig races? Why do you insist on 60 rolls? It's because you get your ass busted from anything less, because an SRT4's FWD platform is utter shit. I, and many other former SRT4 owners, know this that's why we moved on.

Bring your shitty SRT4 to Orlando for a weekend race and see what happens to it. Our group ain't a bunch of ricers like many SRT owners these days, we actually consist of a good number of 9 second and 10 second cars. Cars that will RIP any built SRT4 on the street because SRT4s are garbage from a dig. We already put to shame an SRT4 that claimed 600+rwhp and that's with giving him the 60 roll he wanted. Got trashed by a CTS-V, a GTR, an LS swapped IS300, even a stock Z06. Videos are on SGTR's youtube channel. Only wished I came out that night also to show him what a mistake he made clinging on to that old ass platform.

Was that real enough for ya?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hmmm....not impressed at all.

You, a 42 year old "man" went out and bought an Charger SRT Hellcat, installed an intake, a tune and drag radials and you are now crowing about how wonderful you are and how shitty SRT-4's are?

You didn't even build the car yourself, you just installed, or maybe had someone else install, a few bolt-ons to an already great, factory car.
And then got a few cheap thrills while illegally racing on a public highway at night?
Well whoop-dee-doo.

We still love our SRT-4's after all these years (15) even though they may be tricky to modify and even harder to drive when significant power is added.

Step up and try to show a little class and be a little more magnanimous like all the true greats. :hi:

More like "I'm a 42 year old man that got tired of building crap cars on crap platforms like the Neon SRT4 and decided to get something far more reliable and powerful from the factory".

You offended that all it took was a trip to the dealership to purchase a vehicle that renders 99.99% of all SRT4s in existence slow by comparison? A Hellcat isn't the only car that does that buddy, plenty of other cars do straight from the factory as well.

I'm pretty sure you all know the headaches of going big turbo, on a FWD platform no less. Something breaks all the damn time, even when you think your build and tune is spot on. So why not drop the charade and call it as it is? Unlike the Supra, the SRT4 platform has no redeeming factor to keep it going after it's last manufacture date. The car literally has no value today. Are you trying to show against the mainstream how an SRT4 can be a viable race car today? How can you do that when the same problems I had over a decade ago still applies today? What's the point of building an SRT4 if you can't dig it? Or roll it below 60? At that point you're no better than ricer hondas who slap on cheap turbo builds.

I enjoyed the SRT4 platform when I had it. But the car, when I went passed a certain power level, began letting me down. Unless I had slicks, a dig just had me spinning even with feathering the throttle. I couldn't even do a low roll WOT run because the car couldnt keep straight even with an LSD.

You seem upset that Hellcat owners like myself are "smug". Well, when I see crap like a Hellcat is sluggish or even slow, FROM AN SRT 4 OWNER, well that's a frickin' laugh. So I call it as it is, and the only egos or feelings being hurt are yours because the truth stings, doesn't it?

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
You mad bro?
No, you were good for a laugh, that's about it.

You mad because your SRT4 is, in your own words, a "shitbox" in this day and age?
Again, no, because you lack reading comprehension, go back and read what was written, I would hope that, at "42 years old" you can figure this out:

"Then you take it even further by insinuating that even built, the SRT-4 is a shitbox. "

Note where I stated "YOU", because only an ignorant jackass would believe that a 13 second car out of the box for under 20,000, that could run low 12's with 4k in Mopar parts, is a piece of junk, with an engine that can handle 500 hp on stock internals. A car, might I add, that was doing this 15 years ago. The vast majority of people who have had issues with this car (aside from the third gear transmission issue), caused their own problems with shitty modifications.

Now the car is, as stated, 12 to 15 years old. You name one sports car out there run hard that doesn't have issues at that age. The NSRT-4 fits in well and in facts performs better than a lot of sports cars at that age. There are thousands of SRT-4s still on the road today running strong, bunches of them have passed the 200k mileage mark, still moving along.

It's an abandoned platform for a reason. Only beggars cling to it because they can't do any better. Who in their right mind spends money on a lost FWD platform that's proven itself to be worthless in any meaningful race?
No, because it was based on the PL platform which had a scheduled demise of 2005. You do realize that the expectation was that Dodge would sell 3,000 Neon SRT-4's, right? They sold 25,000 of them. Your opinion about FWD is astoundingly ignorant, considering that using YOUR logic, I could say the Hellcat is a piece of shit because on a tight circuit road course, a Subaru that costs half the price could tear you up. Does that make your Hellcat "worthless". Certainly not. But neither is the Neon SRT-4. Different strokes, different folks.

You know what I mean by a "meaningful" race? How about a race from a dig? Why are you and other SRT4 owners scared of dig races? Why do you insist on 60 rolls? It's because you get your ass busted from anything less, because an SRT4's FWD platform is utter shit. I, and many other former SRT4 owners, know this that's why we moved on.
You know what is NOT a meaningful race? Street racing. If there is anything more hilarious than your arrogant pompous self indulgent rant about "what is and what isn't a meaningful car platform" it has to be the same 42 year old talking about his "street racing crew". Grown ups don't street race. That goes for you and any of your "crew", you are all immature losers if you are out running your cars full bore on public streets. Take it to the track.

And quit assuming everyone wants to race you just because they own a sports car. I grew up with FWD turbo cars, I enjoy working on them, I enjoy my SRT-4 immensely. I also own a 47,000 dollar Ram Ecodiesel, among other vehicles. I say this because I know people like you, the next step you will take is to assume that those of us who own NSRT-4's "can't afford something nicer". Think again. Around here, you don't see many NSRT-4's, but you see Hellcats all over the place, they are a dime a dozen. That being said, I think they are awesome, because I don't base my opinions on one owner who feels a need to bolster his poor self esteem by bagging on other cars he feels are inferior.

Bring your shitty SRT4 to Orlando for a weekend race and see what happens to it. Our group ain't a bunch of ricers like many SRT owners these days, we actually consist of a good number of 9 second and 10 second cars. Cars that will RIP any built SRT4 on the street because SRT4s are garbage from a dig. We already put to shame an SRT4 that claimed 600+rwhp and that's with giving him the 60 roll he wanted. Got trashed by a CTS-V, a GTR, an LS swapped IS300, even a stock Z06. Videos are on SGTR's youtube channel.
My SRT-4 is actually in very good shape, in fact, I'd be willing to bet it is cleaner top to bottom and better taken care of than your Hellcat. There are shitty SRT-4s out there, and shitty Hellcats.

Funny how you list cars that cost 3 to 4 times as much as the SRT-4 beating up on SRT-4's and continue to crow about not being a ricer. If you are street racing, you are most certainly a ricer >:) Sorry to break it to you. And honestly, if you are finding some sort of satisfaction by beating SRT-4's, even if the owner is trying to brag, well, I feel sorry for you. Even if he's being immature, you fall right into the same trap. Of course you will run into some shithead owners. You are one, and you used to own an SRT-4, point proven there.

Also, you won't "RIP any built SRT4". ERabbit, Red Sled come to mind, but that's old school, there are a nice number in the 9 second range. You will beat most SRT-4's, but that's how things are supposed to be. You are in a car that costs THREE TIMES as much as what a stock SRT-4 was brand new, with 3 times the horsepower. Do you walk down the street and punch random children in the face? That's the same mentality.

Only wished I came out that night also to show him what a mistake he made clinging on to that old ass platform.
Oh yes, I'm sure you'd have shown him, you king of street racing.

Bottom line, the Hellcat is an awesome car. Is it an obsolete "shit car" because the Demon is out there? Is it a "pile of junk" because a Porsche 918 is faster? Does it "blow goats" because several Teslas can take it in the quarter mile?

No, no, and no.

By that same logic, the SRT-4 was, and still is awesome for what it was built for. It was never meant to take on cars with double and three times the horsepower in stock form. But put enough work into them, and they will do just that.

There will always be faster cars out there. That fact doesn't make all slower cars "pieces of shit". You should learn that one.

·
Registered
668 Posts
No, you were good for a laugh, that's about it.
Thanks, I had a laugh too. Didn't realize so many delusional SRT4 owners still existed.

Again, no, because you lack reading comprehension, go back and read what was written, I would hope that, at "42 years old" you can figure this out:
At 42 years I'm in a position where I don't need to rely on building and breaking a lost cause platform. I actually realized that at 32, hence I haven't wasted time on a lost platform. Which is why after the SRT4 I went SRT8, first a Charger then a Challenger. Then the Hellcat after it came out.

I modded the SRT8 and you know what? I never had to worry or build the engine/transmission, even when supercharging the Charger. Unlike the SRT4, where I ran into non stop issue since the big turbo install.

You keep bringing up age, yet all one needs to do is visit this very forum to see how delusional and immature SRT4 owners remain to this day, including the OP that drew me here.

"Then you take it even further by insinuating that even built, the SRT-4 is a shitbox. "
That's because the generally consensus, backed by actual cases, shows that it IS. The SRT4 doesn't get any praise from anyone in the enthusiast community other than your own, that includes groups, magazines, events, etc...

You KNOW why that is, I don't need to explain why.

Note where I stated "YOU", because only an ignorant jackass would believe that a 13 second car out of the box for under 20,000, that could run low 12's with 4k in Mopar parts, is a piece of junk, with an engine that can handle 500 hp on stock internals. A car, might I add, that was doing this 15 years ago. The vast majority of people who have had issues with this car (aside from the third gear transmission issue), caused their own problems with shitty modifications.
Only an ignorant jackass would bring up a new car argument into a discussion 15 years later. AT THE TIME, the SRT4 was a great value. Especially compared to the STI/EVO's. But TIME also has a bit of exposing flaws in a design that shows why a car would not pass the test of time. The car has no value today, it's not reliable, only dedicated die-hards like yourself cling to this lost platform.

Now the car is, as stated, 12 to 15 years old. You name one sports car out there run hard that doesn't have issues at that age. The NSRT-4 fits in well and in facts performs better than a lot of sports cars at that age. There are thousands of SRT-4s still on the road today running strong, bunches of them have passed the 200k mileage mark, still moving along.
You name ONE sports car out there that had the same issues as the SRT4 on debut. Do I really need to get into the reliability argument that's quite well known? Are you that dedicated to being ignorant?

No, because it was based on the PL platform which had a scheduled demise of 2005. You do realize that the expectation was that Dodge would sell 3,000 Neon SRT-4's, right? They sold 25,000 of them. Your opinion about FWD is astoundingly ignorant, considering that using YOUR logic, I could say the Hellcat is a piece of shit because on a tight circuit road course, a Subaru that costs half the price could tear you up. Does that make your Hellcat "worthless". Certainly not. But neither is the Neon SRT-4. Different strokes, different folks.
Difference is the Hellcat wasn't advertised as being a road course vehicle. It was advertised as a straight line monster, and that what it excels at.

What is the FWD SRT4 designed for? FWD is good for neither circuits or straight line performance. For you to even disregard the well known drawbacks of a FWD turbo vehicle shows how YOU are astoundingly ignorant.

You know what is NOT a meaningful race? Street racing. If there is anything more hilarious than your arrogant pompous self indulgent rant about "what is and what isn't a meaningful car platform" it has to be the same 42 year old talking about his "street racing crew". Grown ups don't street race. That goes for you and any of your "crew", you are all immature losers if you are out running your cars full bore on public streets. Take it to the track.
You want to lecture me about reading comprehension? How about you take your own advise?

A "meaningful race", as I stated, is a race from a dig. Whether it happens on the street, the track, on the moon, whatever. You know what is NOT a "meaningful" race, an 80 roll just because you can't get traction any lower.

As far as street racing, that's another discussion entirely, but don't kid yourself... if you think all the remaining SRT4 owners on here are angels that only plays the acceleration game at a drag strip, well then ask yourself who is the delusional one here.

And quit assuming everyone wants to race you just because they own a sports car. I grew up with FWD turbo cars, I enjoy working on them, I enjoy my SRT-4 immensely. I also own a 47,000 dollar Ram Ecodiesel, among other vehicles. I say this because I know people like you, the next step you will take is to assume that those of us who own NSRT-4's "can't afford something nicer". Think again. Around here, you don't see many NSRT-4's, but you see Hellcats all over the place, they are a dime a dozen. That being said, I think they are awesome, because I don't base my opinions on one owner who feels a need to bolster his poor self esteem by bagging on other cars he feels are inferior.

You can grow up cutting lawn with scissors, that doesn't make you any more relevant than someone who rides a John Deere. That's essentially what you're saying. Which is fine, and not why I'm even here. What you like to do isn't the point. In fact you're next sentence "I don't base my opinions on one owner who feels a need to bolster his poor self esteem by bagging on other cars he feels are inferior." describes exactly the post that drew me here in the first place.

And, all I did was state facts. Describing the Hellcat as "slow and sluggish", from an SRT4 owner, like I said is hilarious. Just because you don't like my responses, which apply to pretty much every SRT4 in existence, doesn't mean they aren't true.

My SRT-4 is actually in very good shape, in fact, I'd be willing to bet it is cleaner top to bottom and better taken care of than your Hellcat.
If there is anything more hilarious than your arrogant pompous self indulgent rant about "who's car is cleaner" it has to be the same delusional SRT4 owner indulging in his own hypocrisy.

Funny how you list cars that cost 3 to 4 times as much as the SRT-4 beating up on SRT-4's and continue to crow about not being a ricer. If you are street racing, you are most certainly a ricer >:) Sorry to break it to you. And honestly, if you are finding some sort of satisfaction by beating SRT-4's, even if the owner is trying to brag, well, I feel sorry for you. Even if he's being immature, you fall right into the same trap. Of course you will run into some shithead owners. You are one, and you used to own an SRT-4, point proven there.
I hate to break it to you, but you fit the term "ricer" much more than i do. Especially if you have a modified exhaust that loves to wake up the neighbors.

There's a doctor in my racing group. He loves to go the track to race his GTR, he loves going to the strip to drag race, and he LOVES to come out on Friday nights for street races.

You see, the only one making pompous ass assertions is YOU. You're so interested in my "crew", it's as if you've never heard of a car club and all you've seen was "Fast & Furious". My group is a closed group and we meet privately for private runs, and on roads we know are safe. We stay away from the "ricer" meets (that SRT4 owners love to partake in).

Put a neon SRT4 next to my car, with all the mods you have on there (let me guess you have a 3 guage a pillar also?), let's see who is considered the "Ricer".

Also, you won't "RIP any built SRT4". ERabbit, Red Sled come to mind, but that's old school, there are a nice number in the 9 second range. You will beat most SRT-4's, but that's how things are supposed to be. You are in a car that costs THREE TIMES as much as what a stock SRT-4 was brand new, with 3 times the horsepower. Do you walk down the street and punch random children in the face? That's the same mentality.
At the track and only with wide ass slicks, and I guarantee they rebuilt the motor more than once. Among other things.

Do me favor...what is the title of this thread again?

Which track did the OP take the videos from? Oh you mean...those are "street racing" videos?

And you call me "ignorant"? You want to lecture ME about street racing in THIS thread? You see why I call you all delusional?

Oh yes, I'm sure you'd have shown him, you king of street racing.

Bottom line, the Hellcat is an awesome car. Is it an obsolete "shit car" because the Demon is out there? Is it a "pile of junk" because a Porsche 918 is faster? Does it "blow goats" because several Teslas can take it in the quarter mile?

No, no, and no.
The Hellcat is a strong built car. People have gotten them reliably to 1100whp without touching the motor/transmission. It runs 9's with much less mods than you think. Hellcats are still being made.

The SRT4 is junk because it's an old platform, not reliable even when "built", and is flacid on the street. That is why its a piece of "junk" in my opinion.

By that same logic, the SRT-4 was, and still is awesome for what it was built for. It was never meant to take on cars with double and three times the horsepower in stock form. But put enough work into them, and they will do just that.

There will always be faster cars out there. That fact doesn't make all slower cars "pieces of shit". You should learn that one.
Put enough work into them, and they become a money pit where parts constantly break, and they don't perform on street nearly as well as other cars even with less hp.

So when I read something like Hellcats are "slow and sluggish", coming from an SRT4 owner, then expect reality to kick back.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
wow hellcat owners in their feelings because I didn't think a low to mid 120 trap car was the fastest thing on 4 wheels lol. Had no idea they were such snowflakes. Sorry I still feel that way; plenty of SRT4s and other cars trapping there or higher in 2018....relax nobody cares

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
You are a delusional fool. You brought up your age, no one else. You keep dealing in absolutes about a car (all suck, none are good, etc) that you didn’t know how to modify and screwed up. Why did plenty of people “big turbo” the SRT-4 and have no issues? Maybe they actually knew what they were doing, hmm?

You are disrespectful, judgmental, arrogant, and the epitome of someone who believes his car makes him something more than he is. Wake up, it doesn’t. And yes, this is a thread that started off talking about street racing. Street racing is still stupid, but at least the OP appears to be a decent person, unlike you. It appears you think it was the OP talking shit about Hellcats, he wasn't. You are getting ire from others because here you are on the SRT-4 forums, going on and on about how EVERY SRT-4 is a piece of shit, all while praising your ability to street raise. Yet you still don't see it.

You STILL go on and on as though car ownership and racing is based on some sort of unwritten caste system, and your Hellcat and “doctor” friends are better than everyone else because you “privately” street race. Sorry to break it to you, if you are street racing, you are doing it in public, still being morons. Don’t care about your college degrees or what you do for a living. I don’t give a shit about your “crew” or whatever the fuck you call them, again, YOU brought that up. If you are on public roads, it isn’t safe. End of story. But do whatever you want to do, just don't expect praise for it.

“Everyone hates the SRT-4” Yeah, right. Plenty of people out there still love the SRT-4 for what it still is. Including a host of magazines and online sites.

Dodge SRT-4 More Serious Performance Car Than It Gets Credit For 2016

SRT-4 Wolves In Sheeps Clothing 2017

Oh, Hey, Road & Track Again. But Maybe I'll Ignore A Respected Automotive Publication and Believe You Instead

Iconic Turbo Car SRT-4 2016

That was on one search page. Copied over in under 2 minutes. And before you go finding articles that state negativity about the SRT-4, I’m sure they are out there. You are the one stating that the SRT-4 gets praise from no one other than this forum. I just showed you. All recent articles, not from 15 years ago, not even 10 years ago. Remember, YOU said “The SRT4 doesn't get any praise from anyone”, you were wrong, just admit it. Another absolute. You shouldn't use absolutes. They are rarely correct.

Just so you know, the Hellcat has a considerable amount of known issues also. Supercharger pressure release valve, cylinder misfiring, oil lines to the cooler leaking, supercharger bearing noise at idle, noisy rear diff, fuel rail recall, coolant hose leaking on certain years. Do they all have this problem? No, because I don't deal in absolutes, I don't "claim" they ALL have the problems either. Perhaps you should do the same.

ONE person in this thread bagged on the Hellcat. ONE. That’s not everyone thinking the Hellcat is a piece of shit. You fail to notice that every other person here likes the Hellcat. You will likely continue to ignore that fact. You got completely fished in. And lest you start comparing my comments, this is where I spend my time, you know, because I happen to own an SRT-4, and I enjoy it.

And by the way, without the Neon SRT-4, there would have been no SRT-8 model cars. Daimler fought tooth and nail to keep the SRT-4 from being built. Declined it 3 times before they grudgingly allowed it. When 25,000 were sold, they finally realized that the PVO (SRT) team was legit, and allowed the performance team go ahead with the bigger RWD (and Jeep), leading further down the road…

To your Hellcat.

You are welcome. ��

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
WOW! I'am getting flash back of the early War Stories and OT days. Thank you Shadow, Exposed and all of the members who contributed to this thread. Brings a tear to this geezer eyes :buaaaa!: Wait ... is it ok for true geezers to be reading this thread.

·
Registered
668 Posts
You are a delusional fool. You brought up your age, no one else.
You might wanna go back and read.

You keep dealing in absolutes about a car (all suck, none are good, etc) that you didn’t know how to modify and screwed up. Why did plenty of people “big turbo” the SRT-4 and have no issues? Maybe they actually knew what they were doing, hmm?
Show me one evidence of a big turbo SRT-4 that has "no issues". And by no issues, I mean a car that is daily driven reliably for months/years without a single issue related to the build. Yeah, and you wanna talk about "delusional fools".

You are disrespectful, judgmental, arrogant, and the epitome of someone who believes his car makes him something more than he is.
No, YOU are the one that desires to twist it that way. Because you hate the fact the SRT4 is an old platform that holds little value in pretty much any enthusiast platform. I could have driven a 4 cylinder Mustang and your response would be the same.

And yes, this is a thread that started off talking about street racing. Street racing is still stupid, but at least the OP appears to be a decent person, unlike you.
How hypocritical. Talk/videos of street racing is OK because the OP is a decent person.

It appears you think it was the OP talking shit about Hellcats, he wasn't. You are getting ire from others because here you are on the SRT-4 forums, going on and on about how EVERY SRT-4 is a piece of shit, all while praising your ability to street raise. Yet you still don't see it.
I'm referencing Memphis' posts, but I see he is just like any other big turbo SRT owner out there. All afraid of doing dig races, and the only "race" they feel they can win is from a ridiculous 60/80 roll. And then goes on to (incorrectly) state 120/122 traps are normal for a Hellcat (other than elevation or fault of driver) and calling them slow. Which is amusing.

Yeah its an opinion on a forum. So what's the difference with MY opinion that got your panties in a bunch? Is your skin that shallow that you can't stand any negatives on an SRT4 platform (that the rest of the world agrees with)?

You STILL go on and on as though car ownership and racing is based on some sort of unwritten caste system, and your Hellcat and “doctor” friends are better than everyone else because you “privately” street race. Sorry to break it to you, if you are street racing, you are doing it in public, still being morons. Don’t care about your college degrees or what you do for a living. I don’t give a shit about your “crew” or whatever the fuck you call them, again, YOU brought that up. If you are on public roads, it isn’t safe. End of story. But do whatever you want to do, just don't expect praise for it.
Yet the OP is a decent fella for street racing, right? Keep that hypocrisy up buddy.

What's funny is that pretty much the majority of remaining SRT4 owners do take part in some street racing, because that's what FWD turbo rice rockets do. So you post that nonsense here means you're clearly blind.

“Everyone hates the SRT-4” Yeah, right. Plenty of people out there still love the SRT-4 for what it still is. Including a host of magazines and online sites.

Dodge SRT-4 More Serious Performance Car Than It Gets Credit For 2016

SRT-4 Wolves In Sheeps Clothing 2017

Oh, Hey, Road & Track Again. But Maybe I'll Ignore A Respected Automotive Publication and Believe You Instead

Iconic Turbo Car SRT-4 2016

That was on one search page. Copied over in under 2 minutes. And before you go finding articles that state negativity about the SRT-4, I’m sure they are out there. You are the one stating that the SRT-4 gets praise from no one other than this forum. I just showed you. All recent articles, not from 15 years ago, not even 10 years ago. Remember, YOU said “The SRT4 doesn't get any praise from anyone”, you were wrong, just admit it. Another absolute. You shouldn't use absolutes. They are rarely correct.
Why don't you just admit your cherry picked links are just that, cherry picked? I don't need to show any of my own links, just as I don't need to prove the sky is blue.

If you're active in any auto enthusiast community OUTSIDE of srtforums, then you know damn well how SRT4s are viewed (for good reason), and you just sidestepping it just proves the only delusional one is you.

Just so you know, the Hellcat has a considerable amount of known issues also. Supercharger pressure release valve, cylinder misfiring, oil lines to the cooler leaking, supercharger bearing noise at idle, noisy rear diff, fuel rail recall, coolant hose leaking on certain years. Do they all have this problem? No, because I don't deal in absolutes, I don't "claim" they ALL have the problems either. Perhaps you should do the same.
ALL cars have issues, but the Hellcat doesn't suffer a reliability problem, not like the SRT4 did at launch. Looks like you tried to google some issues but came out short, or just spouted off words you saw. More than half of those symptoms are from aftermarket installs, like noisy rear differential. Cylinder misfiring? Did you really even research bro? That's like me going to an Audi forum and googling random RS7 issues to show just how unreliable the RS7 platform is.

Fact is, Hellcats are overwhelming reliable and you don't even need to take my word for it. Motor trend had an article on it. The motor/transmission was built to withstand well beyond stock HP. Any oddities that you can try to cherry pick on are covered by warranty. Like recently my steering pump started making some noise. It's not a known or common issue at all for this platform. It just happened in my case. Guess what happened? I took it to the dealer, they replaced it, problem solved at no cost to me. Had the car for 3 years and that is the only issue I needed to address, and that's after HUNDREDS of passes at the drag strip and daily driving 6 days a week.

So the only one showing any ignorance here about reliability is YOU.

ONE person in this thread bagged on the Hellcat. ONE. That’s not everyone thinking the Hellcat is a piece of shit. You fail to notice that every other person here likes the Hellcat. You will likely continue to ignore that fact. You got completely fished in. And lest you start comparing my comments, this is where I spend my time, you know, because I happen to own an SRT-4, and I enjoy it.
Yes and ONE person in this thread answered back, and you got upset enough to reply because "I" bagged on the SRT4? It's just opinions man. I'm going to call an SRT4 for what it is, and I'm coming from experience.

And by the way, without the Neon SRT-4, there would have been no SRT-8 model cars. Daimler fought tooth and nail to keep the SRT-4 from being built. Declined it 3 times before they grudgingly allowed it. When 25,000 were sold, they finally realized that the PVO (SRT) team was legit, and allowed the performance team go ahead with the bigger RWD (and Jeep), leading further down the road…

To your Hellcat.

You are welcome. ��
So successful was the SRT4 that they stopped production after 3 years? Then relaunched for the Caliber platform that ALSO failed?

Fact is, the Challenger/Charger platform were already incoming and had nothing to do with the SRT4 sales. The SRT6 (crossfire) was built alongside the SRT4 in case you forgot. Along with the SRT10.

Revisionist history?

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
OF COURSE I cherry picked my links, you pulled a stupid, like you’ve been doing this entire time in here, and used an absolute, “everyone hates the SRT-4”. After that comment, cherry picking articles where people LIKE the SRT-4 proves that you are wrong. Do you even understand how absolutes work? Are you aware of the illogical process in which you are making these conclusions, in accordance with absolute premises that are simply not true? You must not, because you use them again, and again, and again, digging a hole you can’t climb out of.

I’m active in all sorts of forums, and yes, the SRT-4 is hated by a lot of people. You go on and on about SRT-4 owners and the way they act, but you are acting JUST LIKE THAT, it is really hilarious that you don’t see it. And you owned an SRT-4 and probably did this same shit when you drove one.

And again, because you seem unable to read, the SRT-4 wasn’t ended because it was a “failure”: The 3rd gen Neon on which the SRT-4 was based was a mild exterior refresh, not a true ground up model change like the 2nd generation. Only the SRT-4 portions themselves were new to the platform itself. Therefore, the SRT-4 did NOT “fail”. How moronic can you be to think that selling 8 times the number of cars you expect to sell is a “failure”. The PL platform (on which the SRT-4 was built) was ended in 2005, as scheduled, because Daimler wanted to create a small crossover (Caliber) rather than upgrade a small car platform. That decision proved disastrous later, as 2008 rolled around and Daimler Chrysler didn’t have a single small car that got 30 mpg. Nearly every model of the Neon did, including the SRT-4 when driven out of boost.

And yes, the SRT-4 opened the door to the SRT-8 models. The SRT-6 was a rebadged AMG, you can stop with that one. And the SRT-10 Ram was planned alongside the SRT-4 but had transmission snafu’s that needed fixing so it was a year later than the SRT-4. I never even talked about either of them, for that reason. Not sure why you brought it up. For someone who claims to know so much about the SRT-4, you must have entirely missed the PVO/SRT team’s chats where they said multiple times that the Neon’s success allowed them to move forward with the SRT-8 versions of the Charger, Magnum, Cherokee, 300, and later, Challenger. I’ll believe the team that built ALL the SRT cars before I listen to a smug blowhard who says different.

Oh, and the Magnum SRT-8 was killed off after 3 years, and total sales of 4,130. By your reasoning, they must have ended it for being “such a piece of shit”, right? I mean, they kept making LX cars, unlike the PL platform, I’d like to hear your explanation. Overall, during the last 4 full years of Dodge Neon all model production, 473,027 were sold. That is more than any 4 year stretch for the Charger, all models. So please, just stop with your “failure” comments, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Like I said, I feel bad for you. You have to compensate so badly that you needed that car to do so. Only an infantile douchebag with a supreme amount of self esteem issues would need to come to a forum for a vehicle that hasn’t been sold in 13 years, driving a car that costs more than 3 times as much, and feel the need to insult everyone who owns them with a bunch of absolute statements that are completely boneheaded simply because one person doesn’t like his car.

“Everyone hates the SRT-4, they were unreliable when new, only people who have SRT-4s can’t afford anything else, they are always broke down, here’s my videos of cars that cost 3 and 4 and more times more than an SRT-4 beating the SRT-4, that proves the SRT-4 sucks, this is how awesome I am, look at me, next up watch me bench press 150 lbs bro!” Just go away, cripes.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
WOW! I'am getting flash back of the early War Stories and OT days. Thank you Shadow, Exposed and all of the members who contributed to this thread. Brings a tear to this geezer eyes :buaaaa!: Wait ... is it ok for true geezers to be reading this thread.
Holy crap I havne't check back on this thread in a while! I'll get read up, might take a bit lol This forum hasn't seen this much action in years! hahaha Your welcome!

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Well said R/T. I still have lots of love for my SRT-4 and wish I still had it. Given that I was running 400+whp on the thing since 28k miles...it held up great. Quite a car and at the time when it was released was a game changer. Fastest car under 20k! The mopar packages were insanely cool too. BUT...not the best platform overall in end being FWD of course. My car SUCKED from a dig period. It was useless through first few gears even with limited boost in 1st and 2nd gear. On the highway it was a monster though. 500whp in a 3000 lb car! But this thread wasn't comparing a Hellcat to an SRT-4...although I've heard a lot of Hellcat owners laugh at the fact a SRT-4 owner talks crap...and that's where the SRT-4 crap talking came from.

All in all I stand by my posts. A high 10 second run is not a "glory run" if (as I linked in my vids) someone can take a Hellcat A8 and run a 10.9 on their first pass and a 10.8 on their 2nd pass. If it was a glory run it'd take a shit ton of practice. And a high 10 second car with just DR's is no sluggish car. lol I think someone just has some jealousy towards the HC and wants to talk it down a bit. Just had to correct the BS that's all. :)

And I miss war stories!! :D

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
there's no reason to be jealous of that car (did you think it was an AMG Mercedes or something?)....they were handing out leases of them for pennies. Most people could get one with little down @ 400-500 monthly payments; car is not unobtainable by most standards lol. I stand by my statements as well...watched a few more run 122-124 this week at the track (these are average trap speeds for sports cars in 2018; hell the C6 vette was trapping this over 10 yrs ago....just stop acting like these are earth shattering trap speeds lol) . I KNOW.....they don't exist; the cars I've been posting and have seen are all illusions.

Some of you sound like snowflakes....crying because I said 122-124 mph isn't out of the stratosphere lol. Doesn't mean I hate the car....means I don't think 122-124 is that fast (my own car went 128mph almost a decade ago lol; so sorry if your 124 car isn't blowing me out my seat).

Sorry if you thought you bought a land missile...

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
"Gina" was part of PVO back in the beginning and was actively involved with the SRT-4 community after the launch. A lot of those guys came to the 1st SRT National in New Orleans, where HybridMom and I met them. This was right after Andrew passed.
We got to talking to them and it was mentioned that they considered going AWD like the WRX, which had just debut in the US. They decided against it as it would have brought the cost of the SRT-4 up above $20k.
Get this though, the cost of them putting AWD would have only added $1,500 to the price! Basically we All said, "WTF", you should have done it, we would have bought it anyway! ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
With a good hour to go over this, I will digress, I won't remove what I've written, no point to that. Perhaps I'm too drawn into this, and you are likely a good guy, and we'll agree to disagree on certain points.

There are points we'll agree on. The Hellcat is in fact an amazing machine, with obviously more potential for most people than the Neon SRT-4. And yes, there is a lot of hatred towards the Neon. We even have the saying "Love The Hate", used to be a local theme for our cars.

There isn't any benefit to continually arguing about everything, I think the main thing I find fault with is the idea that we who still own the SRT-4 put our time and effort into a failure. I have nearly 80K miles on my car, a lot of it very hard driving, my check engine light has only been on once (when I installed the Borla exhaust, to tell me there was no downside 02 sensor). Other than that, I've never had a problem.

So best of luck with your Hellcat, and rest assured, the majority of users do love the Hellcat and the SRT-8 models in general. I'll bury the hatchet on this, yes, it was starting to look like war stories :)
I was going to reply to your original post but then read this. I don't see the point of you debating me if you AGREE the SRT4 platform is no longer held in high regard, in any circle, community, or magazine. Cherry picked articles will not change that, and I was not even talking about "absolutes". Everything I stated is based on COMMON (not absolute) aspects of the SRT4 regarding its launch, drawbacks, and the very well known reliability issues.

If you have a stockish SRT4, you don't know any of the problems a big turbo install entails. These other big turbo owners know exactly what I'm talking about, even though some may try to be coy about it. All your last post did was prove you are an SRT4 fan much like a sports team fan, you're defending your brand. But if you aren't a player playing the game, then stay out of the discussion because it makes you look foolish. Which is what your rant on street racing did, because I'm pretty sure almost every big turbo SRT4 owner loves to street race, especially on the highway because that's where they only have a chance against other cars.

·
Registered
668 Posts
there's no reason to be jealous of that car (did you think it was an AMG Mercedes or something?)....they were handing out leases of them for pennies. Most people could get one with little down @ 400-500 monthly payments; car is not unobtainable by most standards lol. I stand by my statements as well...watched a few more run 122-124 this week at the track (these are average trap speeds for sports cars in 2018; hell the C6 vette was trapping this over 10 yrs ago....just stop acting like these are earth shattering trap speeds lol) . I KNOW.....they don't exist; the cars I've been posting and have seen are all illusions.

Some of you sound like snowflakes....crying because I said 122-124 mph isn't out of the stratosphere lol. Doesn't mean I hate the car....means I don't think 122-124 is that fast (my own car went 128mph almost a decade ago lol; so sorry if your 124 car isn't blowing me out my seat).

Sorry if you thought you bought a land missile...

What a find funny is someone like yourself downplaying a car that is leagues above an SRT4 in every single category. You even went with a lease/money down argument, even though its as invalid as your statement on trap speeds. Ignorance breeds even more ignorance I guess.

An SRT4 that traps 128 is not impressive at all. Mine trapped 129 with just an LMI intake. Yours to trap 128 took a major motor/tranny build with a big turbo and all supporting mods. Add a pulley and you have Hellcats running 140+ traps with 9 second quarter mile times. Without SLICKS, just everyday street drag radials, unlike your SRT4 which needs those slicks.

The AVERAGE trap speed for a Hellcat is 125-127. Any lower, then factors like elevation or driver come into play. This is COMMON knowledge. Repeatedly stating the Hellcat traps 120-124 makes you look stupid. Showing cherry picked videos of Hellcats trapping low when the majority of drag strip videos show them trapping 125-127 (and some higher bone stock), proves you have some kind of delusional agenda. Lucky for you, you get to keep your stupidity hidden within the same confines of this SRT4 forums.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
11 Participants
DVrec22
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing