Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All! :hi:

It's Cat. I just wanted to update you on what happened. Yes, we'll post photos, but it's really not too bad.

Sunday, September 26 approx. 1:45AM
Glendora Mountain

If you haven't been with us there, then you're probably missing one of the best canyon runs of your life. It's a long journey up and down the moutain side. Normally Friday and Saturday there are at least 20 cars there. We go watch them drift and bang up their cars. There's a station where you park near the mid-section of the road. People and their "drifters" go crazy. A lot of times you have to watch where you park because there is a mountain hill that runs down toward the parking area and when people drift sometimes they can't control it. It's pretty amazing since they drift down the hill and try to counter steer to go straight, well a lot of them hit this brick wall they built (thank God), bounce back to the center and carry on as if it was nothing. The spectators are pretty cool too. Everyone either runs the canyon or watches. People go in groups... no "racing" or passing up people or stupid stunts. There is a guy who basically has the fastest time there and people go to beat his time. It's almost like Initial D. Anyhow. There are AT LEAST 2 accidents a night there. Cars flipped, cars in a ditch, and etc... The Sherriff occasionally passes by to tell everyone to be careful. Everytime there seems to be an accident Roderick and I always stop to try to help. Last time I think we had about 5 SRT4's, a mustang, and our other friends with a Civic, RX7, and RSX. On the way up there was an RX7 that was stuck and on the verge of falling off the cliff. They used a Honda hatchback, tied a rope, pulled it out and burnt the clutch... it was stinky.

This time Roderick, Jason (Lord J), Danny & Becca, and HT went with him. Before he left home, I SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM... YOU'RE TIRES ARE NOT GOOD, IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DRIVE SAFE, DON'T GO. He looks at me with his beaming innocent eyes... "No, Babe, I won't drive hard." How could I resist letting him go?!?! Mind you, just a few days before Roderick with with Paul (silver04), RSX and RX7. He raced these guys with an RX7... did really good. SO in my husband's mind, he's thinking... Well I just raced three days ago... maybe I can push my luck with these tires one more time.

So that night they went... there was an accident down the mountain. Roderick and Jason went down the mountain pass. He pushed it... went to take a left (with his messed up arm), tires lost traction and he hit the canyon, went up, almost flipped, but counter steered it to the ground.

He called me. Imagine my horror. 2AM, I'm studying for my mid-term and he tells me he crashed. Obviously he's okay from the sound of his voice. I remember myself constantly asking him, "Is this a joke?" "Are you joking?" I've never felt like that before. I was angry... Since he was the only one to get mad at, I hung up on him and called him back, asked questions about the car. He made it seem like it was ruined. I hung up on him again. Then called back a third time, just to hang up. Honestly, I was furious. I was angry that he almost was hurt and I was angry that we procrastinated in buying tires. We've just haven't had the time to go with school and work.

DAMAGES...
Basically it has scratches. Dirt everywhere in the car. His Drag Performance intercooler is bent, no frame damage, and his right bumper is pulled (it's toast), windshield fluid thingy is ruined, bottom of the car is torn, the Kaminari carbon fiber lip, to my surprise, is durable as hell. It cracked and broke in half and some pieces. For how often he goes through canyons... damn that thing can take it. His two rims are scratched and bent. But honestly, it could have been worse... most parts of the mountain drop down.

Hey, shit happens, and you live and learn... I'm almost glad, because he'll always will have good tires on from now on. Yes, a lesson learned the hard way, but for Roderick it's the only way. LOL.

Luckily, no engine damage and no body frame damage. To think.... we were asking Drag Performance to make a large front intercooler, but he warned us about taking the bumper beam off so he prototyped one longer and thicker than the stock. We think that's the reason the intercooler is still in one piece, just a little bent. Thinking of the impact... thank god the engine is safe.

Thank you Dynoworks, Drag Performance, Kaminari... and those who wanted to help. :heart:

Right now, I'm sure Roderick wouldn't mind hearing from his SRT friends. He's a little bummed. That car is his life and he hates driving mine. He always has to remind me why German cars and their computers with traction control suck.

:meow:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
sorry to hear, but glad everyone is ok!

-Ryan

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rice_killing_GT said:
Sorry to hear that Cat and Rod, hopefully you'll get her back soon. I do have to say what the hell were you thinking Rod? You arm was still messed up and bad tires. But I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Becareful out there bro.
Thanks! And yes what the HELL WAS HE THINKING?!?!

I will post photos as soon as I get a chance. His car has one black eye. LOL. One of the fog covers flew off somewhere. It's been through battle. :rofl:

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LTLVIPR said:
sorry to hear, but glad everyone is ok!

-Ryan
I know thanks Ryan... imagine... Jason was in the car with him!

Whew! Thank god they're both okay!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm glad that he is ok. Are you going to turn that in on insurance?? What are you gonna tell them happened? Now I guess I know why insurance rates are so high.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nvdneon said:
I'm glad that he is ok. Are you going to turn that in on insurance?? What are you gonna tell them happened? Now I guess I know why insurance rates are so high.
No way. Why would we report it to insurance? It just means our premium would rise. We've ordered the parts from Dodge.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fadedsun said:
Glad nobody was really hurt... but that part about calling back and hanging up just struck me as really funny... :thumbsup:
LOL... yea I can get pretty psycho. :stab:

:jester:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I was there. I was behind Roderick the whole way up there. You gotta be a little more carefull bro but remember, I've known you a short time but you could always count on us (me atleast) on ANY help you need. Any time. Anywhere.
When you were comming up after the accident, I was like "The car looks different?!!!! What's up" you came out and from the look on your face... I knew something's up. To tell you the truth I wanted to cruise by you till you park the car somewhere but it was late and my dad had already called me 3 time and was yelling at me to come home and what I'm doing so I only followed you till 91E.

So, just a bit more carefull, and ... remember,,, we got your back. :hi:

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks HT. Yea, I can't imagine the look on my husband's face... glad I wasn't there. =) He loves that car way too much... you'd swear it could talk and feel. LOL.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Psamtik said:
Where exactly does this take place at?
Glendora Mountain... it's really neat.

It's pitch black up there and you can see all the headlights working it's way down the canyon hearing their exhausts.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
melmsrt4 said:
Hey Rod, Sorry for your misshap. I feel for ya. I'm Glad your okay. Get some new tires, the rest of it fixed, and get back on the road. Palomar Run in November.
That's the plan Stan... hopefully it can be done by Ford Traitor's post for NASA.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Mike!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey man sorry to here that. I used to run up that road when I lived in Glendora. It is a great road but pretty dangerous. I used to run my prelude up there, but I have not gotten over there with the SRT, will not till I have a suspension other than stock. Man I know that road and it could have been real bad, sorry to here about the ride, but it looks like it can be fixed. Maybe I should curse over there and check it out one of these nights.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mattgram said:
Hey man sorry to here that. I used to run up that road when I lived in Glendora. It is a great road but pretty dangerous. I used to run my prelude up there, but I have not gotten over there with the SRT, will not till I have a suspension other than stock. Man I know that road and it could have been real bad, sorry to here about the ride, but it looks like it can be fixed. Maybe I should curse over there and check it out one of these nights.
Thanks matt... when you drove there were there a lot of people watching and stuff?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.