Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and since my GF was interested in purchasing a SRT-4, I signed up to research for her. I am very happy with my Mustang GT but the ride on the SRT-4 was very impressive. Anyways, I was wondering what everybody paid for their SRT-4 so I can do some comparison shopping.....I hope I would talk on this forum more often in the future ( I really hope she gets the car :thumbsup: :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
I work for autotrader.com and there are three aspects of how much your monthly payments will be. Sales price, interest, and trade in...EG: Dealers will make you think you got a $21K car for $17K, but will charge you 12% interest and/or tell you your trade in is only worth $5K, when the book says $9K.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Your girlfriend will have a faster car than you :rofl: just kidding with ya man. If you are ok with that, then read on:

The car will be anywhere between $19-22K depending on sunroof, kicker, etc. An 05 may be a little more. I put $13,000 down(yes I saved up alot) on my car and we(my parents and I) got a 4% financing rate through Chrysler financial for the rest of it. I paid sticker for my 03 because that's all anyone would do right when they came out :stab: The dealer actually had a $2K mark-up but he took it off since we knew him. Also, she needs to be reminded about insurance. Insurance is alot on these cars, if you are young. I know girls are cheaper than guys but that is slowly changing. My girlfriend wants an SRT-4 but insurance would be through the roof for her. She has an 03 Corolla. I have a perfect driving record and my grandfather was in the military so my family gets to have USAA insurance. It is a very good deal! Before you shop around, definitely check out insurance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is not trading in any car, and I believe we are going to the credit union to get the auto loan. I made an offer to the dealership ($21,000) out the door (including tax etc) but not sure if that was good or not. Still waiting for an answer from the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Townhouse said:
SRT-4 > Rustang GT

Ask the one I spanked the other day...and i'm stock with a fucked up back tire, lol
"Rustang GT" w/ NX 100 shot rulezZzzz :tongue: :tongue:

Anyways, yeah if she gets the car then more than likely I wll have some fun with it~!!~ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
the dealer told me that the vin on the srt comes up as a neon. so wouldn't that make the insurance sorta cheap?
they dont know that its a turbo screamer

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Oh they know....trust me......

·
Registered
163 Posts
TonyE said:
the dealer told me that the vin on the srt comes up as a neon. so wouldn't that make the insurance sorta cheap?
they dont know that its a turbo screamer
Lol, it comes up as a Neon, then they ask for the "Trim" and you say SRT-4. Actually, the VIN will tell them exactly what it is, at which point they lube you up and ask you to grab your ankles.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Felix said:
I disagree on the insurance thing, I have a perfect driving record and just recently the insurance on the SRT actually went DOWN. It's now 70 dollars a month for me.
How old are you?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Felix said:
That makes sense. 22-23 is usually when the insurance companies drop your insurance rate. I was talking about 16-20 year olds insurance being high, especially with a record. You're lucky man! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
FrontMounted said:
That makes sense. 22-23 is usually when the insurance companies drop your insurance rate. I was talking about 16-20 year olds insurance being high, especially with a record. You're lucky man! :thumbsup:
Thanks, I think it helps that I don't drive a fast car either, the intrepid looks nice ( except for the little bit of front end damage I have ) but it's not too fast... I am teaching myself much more control ( not racing every civic or little riced out honda around here, sence that's all about the trep can handle ) but I hope by the time I get the SRT that I've completely gained control of myself... I don't think I'll do much racing anyway as it's my first manual and I don't want to miss a shift and 1. look like an idiot and 2. end up ruining the transmission just to show "my car is faster, ha ha" to some stupid teenager. Plus I love the SRT, I want to make sure I get the longest possible life out of it. Oh and incase anyone has doubts, I'm also on my OWN insurance, not under my parents like some people who have low rates are.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts