Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I finally got my 05 Black SRT4 and Im already planning to install a AEM Short Ram with 500+ Miles on my car. Any suggestions, warning, ideas, or Tips to help me with ill really aprreciate it. Thanks.

Also do i need like the Fuel Manager or Engine Manager Systems for the following Mods Below? Or what do I need when it come to Electronic Controls?

Future mods:
Mopar STG2
B&B TurboBack Exhaust
AGP FMIC
Wilwood Big Brake Kit
Mopar STG3 Coils

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Since its your first car and I see your only 19 I would save everylast dime for insurance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i remember reading about people having problems with aem intake.... somethin about a grommet coming loose and gettin sucked into the turbo and bending fins. Im not sure if this was a concern with the short ram though, i would definately do a search and research this before put your money into anything. enjoy the car and be careful. cheers

·
Registered
527 Posts
yup im 19 i owe 13grand on my srt4 and my insurance is 4799$ a year i wouldnt go to crazy modding a car when u first get it, between my insurance and car payment it was 850$/mo but since then i refinanced the car so i save like 120$ o mo

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
your in california so look up www.wawanesa.com great rates.......
i pay $150 a month for a 2003 celica and the 04 srt-4.. with 2 drivers. Full coverage, $350 deductable, 50/100,000 coverage and every other bell and whistle and im 22

i wouldnt go with a intake.. they dont really do all that much for you on this car. If anything just get a drop in filter..

A short throw shifter will help you drive it better.....
any of the Mopar staged upgrades include your "electronics"...

i would look on here for used stage 2 upgrades or used stage 1's..... and a Mopar S.T.S.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
whoa homie, ive heard alot of bad things about any short rams on the srt4......since the srt's stock airbox iacts like a cold air, putting on an aftermarket short ram sometimes actually hurts your cars performance, and takes away horsepower.......even if it did help, the gain would be extremly minimal, listen to moltenice and get the drop in k&n filter....

·
SRTforums Veteran
9,833 Posts
DUDE definately dont go with the aem short ram intake they dont fit too good and they rub all against the battery and can cause a fire under your hood, not what you want. However if you go with the AEM COLD AIR intake it fits better with no problems, and gives you way more HP gain then the short ram would. Costs $200 something, go to modernperformance.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.