Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yeah getting close. Needs some suspension work still, but I am getting closer. I saw probably 4 or 5 srt4s out the other night and really couldn't help but be a little jealous that I wasn't driving mine yet. But patience will pay off, as I want to make the car rock solid before I take it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
When you installed the mounts did you do the alignment process. All my mounts are new besides the transmission mount an I still have a small vibration an it's driving me crazy. With all new mounts I shouldn't fell anything right?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Thanks. I definitely don't think anybody would be disappointed when I am done. I have a great idea of how I am going to *tastefully* modify this car.

It's also worth mentioning that while I was under the car the other day I noticed some dangling wires around the k frame, coming from the firewall. After some digging around, I found a wire mess under the carpet next to kick plate by the clutch pedal. Someone installed some *sweet ground effex lights* . I immediately removed all of the lights and associated wiring. Now the interior wiring is nice and clean, factory wiring..

What are people thinking when they put these things in......
To drop all panties located in a 10 square mile radius.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Changed inner and outer tie rod ends.

Bought new tires.

While changing the tie rod ends I saw how bad the LCA bushings and ball joints really were. Will be doing those next .

Rides much better now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Here are a couple before I went to get plates and tires..

I didn't get any of the tie rod ends because my phone was leas than 5% battery so it wouldn't let me. I will snap some later.

Car rides so much better with the new tires and tie rods. While I was up close and personal with the suspension I saw just how bad the control arms really are, so those are next along with hubs and bearings. Should make for a smooth ride .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Update..

Unfortunately, my time as a Neon srt-4 owner was short lived.

Ended up selling the car for $5700. The car had some rocker rust and other body issues I would have a hard time bringing myself to spend thousands on down the road.

My plan is to invest in something cleaner with lower miles. Probably will have to find something from Texas / Arizona area where there isn't going to be a lot of rust.

It was fun and I enjoyed working on the Neon.

Will be back soon hopefully with a new Project Log!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
It did go to a good home. The buyer was also a former srt4 owner. He is going to keep me updated, and I'll even give him the link to this thread in case he decides to keep it going. Sounded like he has some good things in store for it !

61 - 77 of 77 Posts